SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stockish TC
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How compatible are all the parts b/w a B14 and B15, I was thinking of a auto to manual swap, what would be a good tranny to buy and where, and also what other parts will I need and from what year se-r or se? thanks,
JCC

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I'll take a stab at this. From what I have seen the b15 trannys are still getting a hefty dollar so you would probalby want to go with a 95-97 se-r tranny since it comes with the lsd. You will probably have to get the b15 M/T sr20 axles. I'm unsure if the automatic ones are the same as the manual ones. A call to a dealer will tell you that though. Then you will need the all the shifter parts along with the pedal assembly. Not to say it is impossible but its going to take a lot of work and probably cost a lot of money in less you can get all the parts out of a wrecked SE.

Here is the other issue that comes into play. The tranny mount is completly different then the older cars. On the older ones it bolts on to the front side of the tranny. On the b15s it bolts on to the top half of the tranny. Some custom fabrication will probably be needed to get that to work with a older tranny.

Your best bet is getting the parts from a wrecked b15 SE in less you want to try to be new and innovative and try to use a older se-r tranny.

Best of luck Juan.

·
Stockish TC
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)

thanks david, that's about a good of an explanation as I needed, I will try to find a wrecked 2000-up SE. Which car comes with the N1 tranny? like the one they put on the Disco Potato,
JCC

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
The ones in Japan. :p You would have to have it imported from Japan most likely. I don't think any of the importers bring those over like dets and so forth. My guess is a custom tranny mount would still be needed for that though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts