SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a weird question.

I have a '98 and recently aquired a 95-97 JWT ECU from a member here.

It is for an automatic car and has a 7500rpms rev limiter., my car is manual and I want the 7800rpm rev limit, and I want the S3/S4 cam program as well.

Can I send it to JWT and get it reprogrammed, and if anyone knows, how much they would charge for what I listed?

The person whom I received it from told me that an auto-ECU on a manual car will just make it idle higher or something. Anyone have any info on this?

TIA.

·
Registered
312 Posts
well as far as reprogramming goes i think it is just about $100 to get the ecu reprogrammed and you are gonna hafta talk to jwt on wether or not you can use the auto ecu in a manual

Rick

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Yes, it's fine with the auto ECU. 500 whp Shaggy has a mexican auto ECU. It costs $100 for JWT to reprogram it. Call them and ask just to make sure.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Hey Jordan, what do you have planned? I noticed you're back to stock suspension. Motivational in the future? Still keeping the car?

Terrin
92 SE-R
PR CAI/Hotshot Gen3/Greddy Catback/SMC SS/SMC SS lines/AD22VF brakes/B14 SE-R wheels/Kuhmo Ecsta 712 205-50-15/JWT C3 cams/JWT Valve springs and Ti Retainers/JWT ECE w/ C3 program/134,500 smiles

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah dude, I'm not sure. I just got sick of the AGX/Eibach ride, and to be honest, aside from some body roll, the car doesn't handle much worse than it did with that stuff installed :) I'm not sure what I'm doing. I need a new clutch though too after this ECU is installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts