SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the factory spec compression readings I should be getting when I do a comp. test (in psi)? Please let me know. Thanx.

'91 SE-R, stock and needing brakes.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yep just did one yesterday. 178psi on the high end and 148psi on the low end according to the fsm. They all should be within about 10 pounds from one to the other. Mine was from 169 to 175 on a 160k motor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shoot.. I got 125 pretty much in all cylinders. Guess my rings are bad? Engine has 178k. Any ideas?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh oh...mine are coming out at 150-145 across the board. A lil on the low side. And this is from a jdm spec primera motor...

·
Registered
858 Posts
150 straight across. still whoops gsr's ass.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
858 Posts
125 is low did you open up the throttle all the way while cranking it? if you don't you'll get 125-130 try again.remove coil wire and floor it while cranking it for 5 seconds each cyl. don't worry she wont flood on you as long as coil wire isn't hooked up.

·
Registered
858 Posts
never had to do that but the coil wire will do just fine.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
I just tested mine yesterday and I got 180 all the way across. I actually just posted in the General Forum about this. I got my answer here. Thanks guys!!

------------------
Robert Ocasio
92 Classic SE-R
--------------
Primera Swap,NOS,MSD,H/S Header,Custom Exhaust

My 92 Classic

·
Registered
92 Posts
get this, when my mechanic was installing my S3 cams, he did a compression check, all were 150, which I thought was low for our motor, come to find out the altitude (6500ft) affects the compression because not as much air can even get into the cylinders to even be compressed... wild huh? he said at sea level it would be 160+....

just a thought...

Harp
92NX, AEBS, UD/P, S3's, pop intake, magnaflow.

[This message has been edited by mciin1 (edited 10-19-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts