SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just did a comppresion test on my SR20det it read (145 )(138) (0)(143) im gessing its the rings but if anyone hase any other thoughts let me know allso whats the easyist way to do it with it still in the car i know a guy with a lift ????????????????????????????????

·
GTIR User
125 Posts
Arent both valves closed on the power stroke tdc? If so you can pressurize the cylinder with air and listen for leaks. It could be a valve dropped out on ya.

·
Registered
370 Posts
could be that or like you said it could be the rings is it smoking from the exhaust?

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeah thats a point it would wouldnt it pull the head off forget testing it you really **** be checking it

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bugger your in trouble now! That doesn't sound good at all. Im guessing you have a destroyed valve. Pull the head and let us no. Theres no way around fixing it with out pulling the head so you may as well get stuck into it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yea either way I'm gonna have to pull the head but when I did the comp test it read 0 then I put 2 caps of oil in the hole and it read 30 so that's y I thought rings unless my valves bent and stuck open not letting it build compression I did a boost leak test after the comp test and it was blowing air out of the blow by lines on the right side of valve cover

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeah that sounds like a valve to me are the standard valve?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts