SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, so how do you wire the HKS EVC EZ boost controller and turbo timer up? I know HKS has a 300ZX TT wiring harness but I don't know if that'll work with our ecu. And for the timer, do you just go with the universal adapter?

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
lew shadoff has a writeup on the turbo timer, I am not sure about the boost controller though. what wires do you need? power, ground, ign???

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been doing some research the past couple days, and the turbo timer is the one that hacks into the ignition system. I'm hoping the harnesss adapter for the Z will work so I don't have to splice into any wires. Apparently, with some cars, you have to do some special wiring so that the factory alarm will arm when you take the key out of the ignition instead of when the car actually shuts down. As for the boost controller, from what I can tell, you only have to hook up a power and ground wire to actually turn on the controller. BUT, you have to hook up the valve and vacuum lines and all that garbage in the engine bay. I can't find any writeups online that really describes everything that comes with a boost controller.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts