SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a car pretty soon, I either want a nx2000, crx, old miata or a mx3.

What is the modability (I dont think its a word) of the sr20de? How much would a turbo cost me? Thanks. Boots

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
test drive them all and see which one you like.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boots:
Does anyone have any imput what so ever?</font>

Go to the www.se-r.net. Any question you need answered are there about all the SR20DE powered cars. The reason this board doesn't get all the traffic is because most posts go to the general forum. These are sub forums. You will see the more popular SR20 powered cars have more posts (re: Classis, 200SX, Sentra SE, NX2000, G20) kind of in that order.
Se-riously, check out all the www.se-r.net has to offer and I think you will be satsified.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/IansNX2000page.html.
Be aware that SR20 powered cars are an addiction. Kind of a cult that is very hard to disassociate yourself from once you have joined
. You will go thru hell and back with a SE-R/NX2000 and will either never sell it or buy a newer one.
Most owners here are either original (10 years strong) owners or have bought thier car used and have no intentions on letting them go.
Welcome here and I assume others will tell you the same.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Dude, all i have to say is one test drive in the nx2000 and you will be hooked. I used to own an 88 rx-7 GTU and the second i drove the nx2000 I loved it...it was the best car i have ever driven...(i used to work for enterprise rent-a-car, so i have driven quite a few) Nothing else compares..its the best all around car for the money and then some. Plus, out of the ones your choosing from, it has the best handling, best engine and best performance in terms of acceleration times and quarter mile times plus braking distance is superb and the looks of the car are breathtaking...look at one up close compared to the other cars on your list and you will most certainly fall in love with the nx2k. Hope this helps...sorry about my babbling and love for my nx2000. But its a perfect car.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well the nx is very modable. turbo will cost anywhere from 1500 to 4000 depending on what you want. Its a very fun car to drive and looks weird(which I like). The crx, well if its a first gen its really fun. Im kinda hooked on it from a friend. much fun and lots of room, but not as torquy. I swear it feels almsot as strong as a stock sr20de. The second gens have more aftermarket support but I think they lost some of the fun. A miata is somethign I would soooo love to have but cant fit being a fat ass that is 6'5". Perfect handling car if you can actualy drive it. mx3, well its a piece of **** more or less. dont get swooned in by the v6 its iike a 2.3 liter v6 that puts out hp and torque numbers like our 4 2.0 liter. turboing the 1st gen crx's is pretty cheap but doesnt yield too alful much. turob miata is fun but gota be careful they arent as stout as the sr20de. but its up to tastes.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
well the mx3 is not supposed to be a bad car, but it does only have a 1.8 litre v6, which is the smallest production v6 ever, and it has similar attributes as the nx2k does, but it still pales in comparison. The nx2000 is better looking, better feeling, faster, more dependable, has an aftermarket following and an engine that is just so smooth it can almost bring tears to your eyes..not to mention that 7500 rpm redline which it so joyfully sprints too without a hint of pain from the sweet sounding engine. I think the choice is simple. It was for me anyway.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for replying. There is an NX2000 for sale a ways away from me, its a '92 with like 125k, and they are asking like 2500 bucks. Is this a good deal? Thanks. Boots

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
thats not a bad deal at all, granted theres nothing major wrong with the car...i got my 92 nx2k for 3300 bucks...it was the find of a century, and it only has 64k on it and its completely stock with one owner...but 2500 is not bad at all, i think you could talk them down to 2250 and you got yourself a sweet ride...make sure the body looks good though and go to se-r.net to make a personal check list of things that you will need to check for when you go to see the car and take it for a test drive. If it were me, and its a 5spd, and it looked good, i would jump all over that opportunity. hope this helps. ENJOY!

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

1 - 10 of 10 Posts