SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to try to start this group buy if there is enough interest.this is the link to check out the product http://www.300zx-twinturbo.com/conzult/index.htm
this is what comes with the kit
-DDL interface hardware
-Both Conzult for the Z32 and Conzult-SX software(z32-6cyl/sx-4cyl)
-unlimited software support and updates
-3 months warranty on the interface
-Shipping within Europe.

shipping to the US costs 12.80 extra and makes a total of 416

Prices (incl. worldwide shipping) for 5 or more conzults (groupbuy):
5-10 packages : 378 per full Conzult package
10-20 packages : 340 per full Conzult package

once i get enough interest i will post payment options not sure if it will be easier to have everyone payme then pay him or have each person pay him i will decide when i see how many people are interested.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
If you can wait - Calum has already posted a schematic to the interface, I have one as well, one or both of us will probably be selling them at a resonable price very soon. Now, all we need is the software, which some people are working on. Its your call, but why pay that much for something designed for a Z when you can wait and get something specifically for the SE-R

Chris

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Who is working on the software? I would like to help out with this project. I am a 4+ year Microsoft .NET developer, and would like to make this project "open-source". Please put me in contact with the lead developer for this application. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Is this better than the n-Probe then STILL trying to debate which on to get. And will this work for B13 w/ Gti-r Motors? On the site it looks like it can

The Conzult-SX was developed for 4 cylinder Nissans that have a DDL connector
Successfully tested on the following models: RNN14, N14, B13, N15 and S14 (a)

But thats for the consult sx. Let me or us know.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
From what it look like it has the same features as n-probe. Atleast from what i was reading. It seems the difference is the conzult can be used on pc only vs. n-probe can be used on pc and pda for portability. Looks like the n-probe software on B13,240,300zx,altima with one program . Any more addtional or correction of info would be nice i would like to know.

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
Larry,

in paper it is the same as nPROBE. Indeed, ConZult is only for use with PC-based machines, no Palm or other handheld.

It has actually been availalbe far longer than nPROBE but they only recently did they upgrade their SW so it offcially works with anything other than a Z. Until nPROBE appeared there was no "incentive" to them to do any development and they had been "working" on a multi-platform version for more than a year.

Good thing now is they have multiple platforms supported and their new version (just out) has the "download ROM contents" functionality plus a future "live-map-tracer" which is supposedly on the works. Another nice thing is they now have the free version that Calum mentioned which does simple live sensor reading plus two more that can work with the DIY Consult boards: one for $75 and a rich one for $150.

I suppose that for someone on the "cash-lean" side getting the $150 version and spending $30ish for the DIY noard is a GREAT alternative to either nPROBE or the full ConZult, even if the commercial product are neatly packaged and have a proper Consult connector and cables (but at US$450 or more each).

NOTE: The ConZult guys are on record saying that the DIY Consult interface board and info IS accurate baring one or two small "bugs" or ommisions. I cannot know whether their statement is correct or just "scare-the-competition" tactics but you can take it at face value.

Chris

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
So bascially if you want portablity N-probe but if not Conzult. Like I mention does this group buy only for the z or both. Provide the link above there are 2 kinds. Which specifically. Another question is that if you have a laptop then it doesnt matter whether or not portability is an issue am I right?

Sorry for asking many questions but I did post a thread wondering what diagnostic software sr20 forum members were using. A few respond not many. And of all 4 which one was better overall.
1. Techtom
2. Apexi-Mulitchecker
3. N-Probe
4. Conzult

The N-probe got my attention and then the conzult group buy that just got posted. So I'm trying to figuring out what is good for my needs.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
hpro123 said:
Larry,

in paper it is the same as nPROBE. Indeed, ConZult is only for use with PC-based machines, no Palm or other handheld.

It has actually been availalbe far longer than nPROBE but they only recently did they upgrade their SW so it offcially works with anything other than a Z. Until nPROBE appeared there was no "incentive" to them to do any development and they had been "working" on a multi-platform version for more than a year.

Good thing now is they have multiple platforms supported and their new version (just out) has the "download ROM contents" functionality plus a future "live-map-tracer" which is supposedly on the works. Another nice thing is they now have the free version that Calum mentioned which does simple live sensor reading plus two more that can work with the DIY Consult boards: one for $75 and a rich one for $150.

I suppose that for someone on the "cash-lean" side getting the $150 version and spending $30ish for the DIY noard is a GREAT alternative to either nPROBE or the full ConZult, even if the commercial product are neatly packaged and have a proper Consult connector and cables (but at US$450 or more each).

NOTE: The ConZult guys are on record saying that the DIY Consult interface board and info IS accurate baring one or two small "bugs" or ommisions. I cannot know whether their statement is correct or just "scare-the-competition" tactics but you can take it at face value.

Chris
So my question is .. If someone already has a nprobe (me) what are the benefits of switching? I know live sensor can be done with nrpobe and maps can be done live. All in all its great to have products in development no matter who does as long as its quality. Just wondering if its a realisticlly a benefit for current nprobe users. If so what are those benefits? Would Conzult go portable
other than laptop?

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
I have a pda using laptop while driving 100 miles daily is not an option nor is buying a laptop. I could do all the loggin on pda and save it. Then load it to pc. Its nice being able to watch everying thats going onwith pda on my A pillar. If i use laptop i have to watch my passenger seat. I guess if i was to use conzult it would be striclty for troubleshooting with tunning issues rather than for monitoring/data logging while driving on my 100 mile commutes, but thats just speaking for myself.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
1810 said:
So bascially if you want portablity N-probe but if not Conzult. Like I mention does this group buy only for the z or both. Provide the link above there are 2 kinds. Which specifically. Another question is that if you have a laptop then it doesnt matter whether or not portability is an issue am I right?

Sorry for asking many questions but I did post a thread wondering what diagnostic software sr20 forum members were using. A few respond not many. And of all 4 which one was better overall.
1. Techtom
2. Apexi-Mulitchecker
3. N-Probe
4. Conzult

The N-probe got my attention and then the conzult group buy that just got posted. So I'm trying to figuring out what is good for my needs.

Thanks
The consult type products>conzult and nprobe< both display much more live sensor reading than techtom and multichecker. The multichecker and techtom diplay only two selected sensors at one time. Where as the tps,water temp, injector ms, igntion timing , tps , mph , speed , afm voltage , neutral&reverse switch and in addtion power balance test,reset self learning. Able change values in injector ,igniton timing , water temp with push of the pda button.
theres various graphs included in the nprobe szoftware for pc use. I can only speak from experience with nprobe not the conzult.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Wow thanks for the info Low612 now i see. Finally I got an answer thanks dogg. Now this group buy the Conzult now...... on the technical forum link here
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=68441
they're mocking one up much cheaper than this group buy. Hmmm......hopefully you can get enough people to bring the price down because these technical gurus are hammering this thing out for the SR20 community. If you do then cool but I might wait

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i would rather have the one being developed for the sr20 i just figured i would throw this out there and see if anyone was interested.and give people one more option

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
Low612 said:
So my question is .. If someone already has a nprobe (me) what are the benefits of switching? I know live sensor can be done with nrpobe and maps can be done live. All in all its great to have products in development no matter who does as long as its quality. Just wondering if its a realisticlly a benefit for current nprobe users. If so what are those benefits? Would Conzult go portable
other than laptop?
Sorry Larry, it probably was not clear to me...

If you have nProbe I would guess there is NO point in switching.

AFAIK, as of now he only thing Conzult does over nProbe is the ROM-damp feature. And according to them, only platform for the foreseable future will be Windows laptop.

What do you mean that with the nProbe "the maps can be done live"?????

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
with the conzult can you reflash the eprom and correct the vtc advancing and retard?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.