SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I called down there today.
{Somewhere around 7:00PM}
Walter and Wendy, Junior, Dexter and the rest made it down in one piece. They said the hardest part was getting out of Brooklyn as the Belt Parkway was backed up. Somewhere along the way, maybe Maryland they caught some sleep so it threw them off schedule. Someone got a speeding ticket, I will let them tell you the details when they get back.

{Rewind to around 10:00AM}
One lighter news, Dexter made road kill out of a 300ZXTT that obviously had a lot of work. All I remember hearing is that they both rolled out hard, and somewhere along the top end Dexter ran, not walked the 300ZXTT that had big ass exhaust tips. Rumors is that the dude put the 300ZX up for sale when he got home out of fustration.

{Fast foward to 9:40PM}
I just got off the phone with Dex, Ray Kawaski, Mike Kojima and Chris. They sound like they are having a good time. Chris said he left around 5:00PM Thursday, stopped in PA by Kawaski's house and got down there later than expected but in one piece.
Also look out for you know who to be featured in Turbo magazine soon! Team Serious Rocks!!!!!!!
I will keep in contact with them on a day to day basis to let you guys know what is going on in Alabama. Keep them in our prayers to bring them all back home in one piece!

Peace-Ian the NYC Team Serious Reporter!

End of Day 1 part 1

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, Day 2.

{Around 8:00AM}
I call Dexter, he is knocked out. I asked him if he got any chicks in the room he laughs and says no. Being the family man he is I somewhat believe him. He goes back to sleep.
I call Walter, his voicemail comes on. Called back 15 minutes later and I leave another message. He calls back and tells me they are 1 hour behind us, that's why he did not pick up.
He tells me Alabama is beautiful. They were all going out to the track today to watch races. We conversate for a bit then I go back to work.

{Fast Foward to 12:50PM}
Walter calls me and tells me that they are at the track and it is wild. Mike Kojima is beating the **** out of a rental (Grand Am I think) on the track. You know the term, "Treat it like a Rental?" Well he is doing that and then some. They are having fun. I have yet to talk to Junior or Allen, but I understand they are in 7th heaven. Junior as we all know is running off his mouth, but Walter tells me he is really enjoying himself and that Dexter has decided he will go to the Convention in California next year.

It is now 6:08PM and I will call them in an hour or so.
TBC.........................

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sr20deboston said:
Team SERIOUS has a big banner hanging in the hotel. Now everyone knows who they are. :)

Thats how we do it in NYC. Real loud!

TEAM SERIOUS NYC BABY!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know if you heard, but Chris had some serious knock and has a spun bearing. It's one big fiasco about him getting back home and to work and maybe getting the car up there too. I was a witness to the whole thing pretty much aside from hearing the motor knocking. Chris is having his car trailered up to Nashville to a local se-r guy's house (Louis Laprada I believe) and Kevin (another local) and Eric Waterman (set up the convention) are gonna try and tackle it by checking the crank but Chris thinks it's reallllly bad. Calum Johnson (another local) may be donating his det for the cause (which is at Eric's house) but between work and trying to get home, it's going to be a pain. It may just be left at Louis' house and Chris will come back and get it together. I'm sure someone else will update, if not, I might be able to, but I'm somewhat out of the loop. I wish him good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Chris will be back at home tonight. His car was towed to Nashville where
another motor will be put in during the coming weeks.

Grover
'92 SE-R SCCA/ITS - needs a new halfshaft after the convention

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
sr20deboston said:
Team SERIOUS has a big banner hanging in the hotel. Now everyone knows who they are. :)

I never saw that?? :confused: I was hanging with Dex a lot too. I'm sure all the team serious boys wll have a lot of stories to tell about the FL boys....yea yea yeah....

·
Huevudo
5,479 Posts
Team Serious was cool, Yo! (it's Dude, not Yo when you come to Cali!) It was good to see Dexter's legendary car, and all the other New Yorkers. A different scene from our "dirty, fast cars" but totally into the Nissan stuff. I hope to accept the invite and come up and check them out soon. Hope everyone made it home safe.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Dexter is one way cool guy that I am truly glad I got the opportunity to meet. Nevermind the fact that his 'introduction' involved yelling my name loudly, and somewhat in anger.

It's alllllllll good. :)

Dex's cars is BEAUTIFUL. Period.

Combine that with the fact that he played -on demand- some Lakeside, and, well, Dex is #1 in my book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts