SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Thinking Of Running A Cool Can On My Street Car.i Cant Keep Dry Ice In It All The Time But Just When I Go To The Track.im Also Gonna Wrap My Fuel Line In Insulating Tubing To Help Keep The Gas Cool.we Run Them On Our Race Cars And So Do A Lot Of Drag Cars I Know.it Cant Hurt To Try I Mean Better Gas Mileage Is A Sure Thing Just By Wraping The Fuel Line From The Firewall To The Engine

·
Bitter Old Man
2,625 Posts
You won't get better mileage. You might make a tad more power on top, especially if you're blowing or squeezing.

Gasoline doesn't burn "better" when cold. The whole point of insulating your fuel line is for detonation protection. You will have to advance your timing to realize any benefit unless you're already detonating.

As you said, though, it can't hurt.

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
here's an idea, make a sleeve that goes around your cai and fill that up with dry ice, that'll get you some horsies.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I was going to insulate the fuel lines on my car too when I was doing the intake manifold but then the line wasn't very hot after all the stuff I've done so I felt it was pretty useless to wrap it.

Dry ice is good, but you can also try using compressed air(air dusters) which you can get from office depot or costco. The spray can be as cold as -30 deg C. You can hook it up like the water injection for intercoolers and make it spray on your intake manifold/piping or fuel lines. You can also hook it up to spray inside the intake like nos. I havent experimented with it myself but it should work.

·
Registered
705 Posts
brian said:
you would be better off using water injecton or nitrous
of course but that also cost 50 times more and you wouldn't be unique.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I don't think it's a caps lock problem...I think his shift key may be malfunctioning.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No All My Systems Here At The Body Shop Are Set Up To Be Used With Caps Lock Only So I Just Leave It On Lol.i Thought Of That 99sel Maybe Having Someone Turn The Keyboard Duster Can Upside Down And Just Freeze The Cat And The Manifold Right Before A Pass.and I Thought I Was The Only One Dumb Enough To Try It

·
Registered
705 Posts
nah, it's no use to spray it right before a pass because it heats back up almost instantly. It would only help at the moment you spray it so the spray must be hooked up to a mechanical or electrical switch from within the cabin. And why would u want to freeze the cat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts