SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea where its coming from like the car isnt running hot its runs fine. But every time i come out to the car its got a puddle around it on the passenger side its running off the oil pan i think i might be the water pump if so how hard is the water pump to replace and does anyone have a place where i can do it.

P.S.
Any helping hands would be nice i have never done a water pump before... :biggthump

·
as loyal as my options
584 Posts
get underneath the water pump either with a mirror or flashlight and see if you see a trail of coolant residue coming from the pump, right where the bearings should be there should be a hole on the bottom if you can see it coming from there then you know its the pump those are weep holes they leak when the bearings go bad, cuz that is exactly how mine was when it went i think i can get it for like $150 at work(advanced auto parts) but it is a real pain in the ass to change i did one by myself with a couple of snags that i ran into it took me 8hours. but now i could probably do it 2 after figuring out the hard way how to do it. give me a call if you still got my number and we can figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts