SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Let me put it this way, the fan doesn't start until I turn on the A/C.
I've heard many opinions but no one had worked.

I've already done or changed this: thermostat, radiator cap, drained the coolant and made all by the book.

At the auto part they told me it could be the coolant sensor, but i want to be sure that it is because, I don't wanna keep spending money without seeing results.

thanxxss :D

·
HATER
563 Posts
try disconnecting the pigtail to the coolant sensor when the car is on, i'm not sure if that sensor is set up to complete the circut or to close it, but if that sensor is bad there is a 50% chance that the fans will start up when it is disconnected. god, i wish i had your problems, i can't imagine my car overheating anytime soon being up here in cold ass ohio

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cause4alarm said:
try disconnecting the pigtail to the coolant sensor when the car is on, i'm not sure if that sensor is set up to complete the circut or to close it, but if that sensor is bad there is a 50% chance that the fans will start up when it is disconnected. god, i wish i had your problems, i can't imagine my car overheating anytime soon being up here in cold ass ohio

Thanks man!!! :D

I really need the car to be as cool as posible because here in Puerto Rico the climate is very hot :cool:

·
Learn to swim
1,043 Posts
R0b_ said:
Ditto, coolant sensor. There are two of them, do a search to see if it is the 2-wire or single wire. I THINK the two wire is the ECU temp sensor, the single wire is the gauge.
You are correct...Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts