SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of some good places to look for a reliable new radiator for a fair price. I am looking for something that will work well with a B-13 with a blue bird de-t and top mount. I would like to spend as little as possible and still have descent cooling (obviously). There will be alot of money put into getting the motor itself so am on a budget. The stock one is outta the question because the cars previous owner had a fire that started in the cooling fan motor and melted the fan shroud to the radiator.I do not want to use plastic end tanks either as I am concerned that the heat of the turbo may have ill side effects on them. (I know that the cooling system is very important on this type of setup, this is temporary to get the car up and running. I will be replacing with a koyo or equivalent when funding allows).

Projekt Apex

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
A lot of people will say Modine. For the money, it is a nice quality. Others will guide you towards the Koyo, although the price is probably out of your price range. Best bang for the buck to me, is Modine.

Corey

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Buy my NX2000 radiator. Its an Upgrade to everything but the NX2000 since its 2 core and two times as thick as every other FWD SR20 radiator. Im only selling it for $85 plus shipping. If you found that you needed more cooling than the NX radiator(you probably wont unless your car sees track time) then you can just sell it and upgrade after you try it. The only reason im selling it is because I upgraded to the Koyo because my car will see track time and the NX is a hard to cool car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts