SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I think I need new motor mounts. My car kinda shakes when I shift through 2nd and 3rd, as well as when I get on and off the gas. I know everyone likes the JWT motor mounts and I'm sure that they're better, but I'm broke, I don't drag race and all I've got on my car is intake/exhaust. What's a reasonable price for the factory motor mounts and labour to have them replaced?

------------------
Nissan, baby, Nissan... now burning a Honduh near you :D

'91 NX2000, HKS intake and 2.25" exhaust

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ryan, calm the f***k down and dont put words in my mouth. All I was tryin to do was forewarn the guy that with the ES mounts there will be more vibration than the stock mounts. If he isnt racing then he may not want that. I NEVER said it sucks! And yes, I know the vibration is to be expected, but he may not! Next time read what is really there before you go off like that.

Jason

·
Registered
222 Posts
I ordered from Courtesy not too long ago. I paid around $66 bucks for the passanger side mount, the other three cost anywhere between 25-40 bucks. And honestly, you can do them yourself, its a piece of cake. My cousin and I did mine in about 3.5 hours, including putting in ES mounts for the front and back. Just buying ES mounts would be an even cheaper alternative, but if your not draggin or racing it may be too much vibration than you care to deal with.

Jason

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:
Just buying ES mounts would be an even cheaper alternative, but if your not draggin or racing it may be too much vibration than you care to deal with.

</font>
Ahhhhh....I swear to god!! The next person that says the ES mount vibration sucks, if they live close enough, i will slap them! I swaer! It is not bad, even with the full set. Yeah its worse than stock, but that is to be expected, jesus! Now to answer the question....You are better off getting the ES mounts, theyll hold up longer, and are cheaper. ANd there is no way in hell you can tell me that you cant put aside 4 hours to put them in yourself. All you need is 2 or 3 jacks, a piece of wood, some ratchets, and a friend or 2. Youll save a ton of money, and theyll last a lot longer then stock mounts!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the advice guys... I have a very good amateur mechanic uncle that I may be able to convince to help me out with this. I was under the impression that the OE mounts were cheaper than ES or JWT mounts, and since I'm not a drag-racer type (my mod list is so short as to be embarassing
), I thought that even the weak factory motor mounts would do the trick for me.

As for why I don't want the work to be done myself, I'm lethal with a crescent wrench and even more so with a socket or allen set. You should see all the stripped bolts on my bikes! But hey, what can I say... I'm the son of two accountants, and my mom taught me to drive a stick for goodness sake!

But thanx for the advice guys... I'll call up my uncle and try to get my hands on some ES mounts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts