SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Here's the deal. My NX has had problems starting. One day i went to start my baby and it started really funny. (You know the sound a starter makes when it barely has enough juice to start the car). Anywho later that night it wouldnt start at all. It wasn't the battery because when i turned the key to start it the interior light didnt dim. It just clicked. I parked it in the garage while i was out of town for a week and then the car started when i got back. I checked the connections and they appeared fine. Then later that night it rained and the car hasnt started since. Im thinking that there is a short in the starter and it needs to be replaced. Could it be anything else? I'm just going to buy a starter and have the dealer put that little bastard in, but i don't want to waste $ if it turns out thats not the problem.
Thanx

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Check all the fuses. At least on my car I have a bad problem with the Eng Cont fuse next to the battery blowing. It was caused by me but I have heard of at least one other person having the same problem.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not it. it was the first thing i checked. It's probably the solenoid.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Im having the same problem on my G20. One day it starts fine. an hour later, nothing. I have checked fuses, wires etc. but plan on ordering a new starter, which is kind of expensive.

·
Registered
858 Posts
my 91 se-r did the same thing and it was the
starter. got a new one and has been good ever since!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grand Prize total for towing and installation: $507.37
Cost of seeing the vein in my forehead appear, priceless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts