SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
~DIM
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for starters, Im running a 92 240sx with an s13 redtop sr20det

SO I've had some issues for a while but a lack of time and money has kept me from attempting to resolve them. Now Ive got the time, let's not talk about the money lol.
Anyways, so question one: If my ECU is programmed for 650cc injectors, how sloppy will it run if i actually have 750cc injectors? The car seems to be running rich, though it's very smooth at any RPM other than idle. The idle is somewhat stable but its sloppy.

Next, should i be running the same fuel pressure as when the car was stock? Im currently running the GT2871r .64 at 1bar, z32 maf, and like i said, 750cc injectors. The injectors could be 650cc, I honestly just cant remember what i got because it was so long ago. Im on the stock fuel rail with a nismo adjustable FPR.

On a side note, I have an enthalpy rom tune that's setup for my z32 maf, my injectors(at 650cc), and my other supporting mods, but i cant set the hotwire setting in my safc2 to 6in-6out. The rom tune is supposed to be setup for the maf and so i should run the same in-out but when i do, the car will die. Ive checked the maf for cold solder and it seems to be fine. I would assume it had some other problem if the engine wasnt somewhat stable at 5in-6out. I havent played around with other in-out's but that shouldnt be the problem, as the rom tune should have fixed that issue anyways.

·
8 Posts
If the injectors are 750cc and the CPU is tuned for 650cc the the idle will be crap (you already know that though) also the fuel mapping will be way out because the flow is so different.
It may seem to run ok but it definatley won't be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts