SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Courtesy Exhaust fit our cars? I am very interested in this ugrade(and cost savings vs Greddy). I have "heard" that modifications are necessary - truth or vicious rumor?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
modifications in general? Well of course they are "unnecessary," I mean owning a car or brushing your teeth is unnecessary :)

The whole thing of mods to me is the satisfaction that I, myself have increased the fun factor of my car with my own two hands, and then corresponding with people that have had similar experiences and sharing them and blabbing about them. Seeing the fruits of my labor on my timeslip brings about a great deal of satisfaction as well. The ultimate is the late Matt Kempe's comments at http://www.se-r.net/matt/index.html

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Man, I dunno what is up with me and how I interpret stuff on my own BB. I just misconstrue stuff left and right :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
WHAT, come on, just because I work there :). anyways, what year is your car? if it earlier than a 98, it will fit *perfectly*, I know on mine it rubbed a little bit (I only had the b-pipe with the stillen exhaust) I know on se-r.net they have some pics of it for you to look at. I see them every day and I can tell you that the quality on them is great, ALL

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
crap, sorry, anyways, ALL stainless steel, mig welded, comes with the gasket and bolts (just the one for over the gasket) and you have your choice of styles. I will check stock tommorow to see how many we got in stock. oh ya, (oh wait unrelated post coming, must resist, check my NOS post :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I am asking if modifications are necessary to the exhaust. I own a 98 Sentra SE, and love the performance improvement (and sound)of my JWT POP charger and AEBS header(no EGR). I only want to replace my exhaust once, as with all my mods, so quality of manufacture and performance are paramount. If I can get a "Greddy" for Courtesy's cost, and help out those who help us, all the better. I am particularly interested in the "Bullet Oval" w/ "Dragger Style" tip.
And thank you all for the prompt replies - I'll definitely stay tuned.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I'm thinking about buying one also. From what I have herd the cat on our car is about an inch longer. So a little cutting and pasting and it should fit perfict. Also the hangers are in diffrent spots so that has to be changed also. This is just what I've herd so who knows.....

Mike
98 SE w/vlsd trans+axles in the kitchen and a ACT Street/Strip clutch kit in the mail. I figured what the hell The damn thing is going to be exposed anyway! Anyone want to buy a slightly used JWT PP?????? Only 10k and 20+ drag launches on it.....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the hangers are the same, but ya, I think the cat is bigger b/c of our *extra* emmisions junk they put on there :-( but ya, with a little cut and paste it should fit fine, I think we have two in stock right now (I saw the b-pipes today anyways) just do it with the pipe on the car instead of off like I did. I have a worthless piece of stainless steel sitting in my shed, but I am going to try to weld it here in a few weekends :) (oh ya, more top end power, where I need it :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the hangers should be the same, but I may need to cut an inch or so from the cat-side of the b-pipe, an weld the flange back on. Other than that mod, no others are necessary? No other clearance issues? No need to dynamat the trunk's floor(personal preference, I suppose)due to unusual harmonic resonances at different rpm's? I suppose I may sound anal, but i want to be ready when it's time to buy. Thanks for your input, guys.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mike, I remember talking to you last fall when I first got my sentra and I believe you had stock exhaust. We were talking about Greddy's new exhaust for our cars. I checked out your site recently. What kinda exhaust do you have now, and what are your impressions? Anything making you want to get the Courtesy pipe now?

Fred M.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Well its a crush bent pipe and it narrows down to the stock dia around the bends. I got the cams and now would like to get the smooth mandrel pipe to see if I get any more hp's out of them. Plus the muffler I have is a 3 chamber :( it sounds great but I think its restrictive. I also want to get the Courtesy because its made to fit. The muffler I have now hangs way to low it kind of looks stupid W/4in tip and all. I'm hoping the Courtesy fits snug up in the bumper.

Mike

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Ok yea Im in the wrong forum here but :) How big is the tip on the Courtesy exhaust? I have seen pics of it and it looks HUGE I dont want something ricey on my classic. It looks pretty good in the opening but the size of that tip scares the dickens out of me. And I am thinking about sticking with the stock exhaust for the stealth look and most people agree it flows pretty good for what it is.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh ya, it will, but guys, give me about a week to catch up, I am so far behind and have had to work 12 hour days all this week :-( but I have a little fun and aggrivation when I get off of work though :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the b-pipe will fit onto the stock muffler, and yes the stock muffler is pretty freeflowing for what it is

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next question:

Can anyone describe the sound Courtesy's exhaust makes? I'd like something throaty and "tuned", not an exhaust that sounds like a tin can full of marbles - too many buzzboxes around here. Not expecting V-8 rumble, just the clean results of a mechanical symphony.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it sounds good and deep, not like a riced out piece of crap with a $30 dynotune muffler or something like that (dynotune is a made up name, so do not go out and look for one :)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Brian,
How big is the bullet oval tip? Thats the small one rite? I'm looking for something stealthy.

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I think it is about 4.5 inches? somewhere around there. if you want stealth, go with the stillen. that is what I have on mine and it is not that loud unless you wrap it out, and it has a very stockish looking 4 inch tip :) (I seriously need to invest in a digital camera )

1 - 20 of 56 Posts