SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has every one gotten their B-pipes from them (for the upgrade pipin from catalytic converter)? I want 2.25....someone told me 2.5 but whatever they have is ok, either size is fine, I guess...I've been told twice that it cost $220 too! why's it so damn expensive?!

------------------
~GUZ~

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SE-RGuz:
Has every one gotten their B-pipes from them (for the upgrade pipin from catalytic converter)? I want 2.25....someone told me 2.5 but whatever they have is ok, either size is fine, I guess...I've been told twice that it cost $220 too! why's it so damn expensive?!

</font>
They are metric its 60mm. Which is just shy of 2.5". I think I payed $189 last year. Also, It is very pretty, full polished. Almost to nice to put under the car. I will say, the studs where the muffler connects are not a good grade metal. I swapped my muffler a couple of times and the threads were almost wore completely off. I also riped the hanger out of the side of the pipe once because of to much wheel hop.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I've had mine for 2 years now, and I have had zero problems with it. I've had my $tillen muffler, OE and Courtesy mufflers on and off. If you use anti-seize, you shouldn't have any problems with the bolts. The only complaint is that the pipe hits the floorboard above the axle. For the price, nothing comes close, unless you do a custom one.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I bought mine from Brian a few months ago, i agree with the guy above who said the part where the muffler bolts on sucks.. It took alot of playing around with it to get the muffler to line up correctly. Other than that the Bpipe is great.. I wish I didnt get the muffler tho. Its pretty damn loud and Im not a big fan of the canister look. I'm thinking about buying a used Greddy Muffler

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Hmm... i thought the courtesy B-pipe was actually 2.5". I guess that's the outer diameter? 60mm is 2.36" which is how big the Greddy is(according to their literature).

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$189? still expensive....and like Soupaflie said too nice & too expensive to put under the car

ah well....i'll eventually get it, thats what its all bout

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was saying... the Greddy is 2.36" and the Courtesy is 2.5".

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts