SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got a question maybe someone has some knowledge on. After all the bitchin on the list about Courtsey screwing up orders Im kinda leary about ordering from them. But will do it anyway. But I was on their site yesterday and saw that they now have a "shopping basket" software now. And you can order everything online from them. Now would that be a good thing to do? And would I still get my list discount from it? Brian? If not who should I DEMAND to talk to, to get my order right
. Ive gota order a bunch of tune up stuff and misc. different parts in 2 weeks. Looking at plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, fog lights, valve cover gasket, oil pan, oil filters, ES inserts, dog bone(looking like it, may stick it on) and about anything else I can think of. Damn going to cost me an arm and a leg I bet. But just turning 150,000 might want to treat the car to something nice
. Oh yea maybe a timing chain tensioner, you think that would be a good idea? I dont think i hear the chain no jingling i think so dont know if i need it. No telling when it was changed tho. But Ive got till the convention to get this stuff in and put on...so sorta rushed. Have to wait till next friday at the earliest to order the stuf, since Im using book buy back money mainly. So anyone there on Saturday's to take my order? Oh well... guess if it doesnt get here it doesnt get here.

Also how busy are you the weeks leading up to the convention Eric? Any free saturday's I can come down and we can do a quick wrench fest? Never cracking a valve cover or oil pan in my life and wouldnt mind the support.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im wanting to do this sometime before the convention. I could probaly get the stuff other places but hopefuly Courtsey will do me right. I go home next friday. So probaly the week or two after that. Hopefully my FSM will be at home soon and has the info about the tranny so I can find out if I can change the filter you gave me or not. But gota get that oil pan and valve cover gasket done no matter what. Looks like I may need a wheel bearing also. I am getting a thump thump thump at low speed left hand turns. Going to take the splash guards off to make sure its them or not. May also flush the tranny. Figure "the track" around the shop would be enough to flush out the fluid a couple quarts at a time. May end up having to pay the expensive shipping to try to get this stuff here in time. Oh well...

·
Registered
466 Posts
What dates are you going to be here Jordan? I have a wedding to go to the weekend before the convention. Its not until 6, so I could work on stuff until a few hours before. I should be free that Sunday too(unless the reception has the good drinks).

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am game, My car SHOULD be done by then. Let me know when you guys want to get together.

------------------
Soon, My SE-R will be BACK

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoping the 19th maybe. If my parts come in. Will be placing the order on or about the 12th. May have to pay for the 3 day or better type of mail. Gota make sure I get everything also. And still gota check that wheel bearing type of issue to make sure that doesnt need to be changed also. But for the work that I need done it shouldnt be that bad. Valve cover gasket real quick, and oil pan shouldnt take that long. going to line up a room in nashville so I dont have to worry about having it all together and leak proof in a couple hours since you ahve to use permatex for the gasket. Main thing relies on if I can get everythign in to east TN on time.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
WTF....I just ordered a set of UR pulleys from Courtesy. They better get here!

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

'98 VR6, stock (the womans car)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry to bring bad news but they screwed up my order. I order bushings and f/r stb in the beginning of april and they never got here after like 2 weeks so I called and it turns out that my order was cancelled b/c the CC# was wrong. I gave them the right one again on Sat so it should be here soon. I'll just have to wait a little longer for the Rear stb. i'm not disappointed tho cause everyone i talked to was very nice and eager to help for me that goes a long way.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Jordan, are you driving to Nashville? If so, then we can have a mini geek/wrenchfest while we're trying to figure out why Kevin's tranny has a pan and a drain plug on the bottom. You in for this too AutoSE-R?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
Jordan, are you driving to Nashville? If so, then we can have a mini geek/wrenchfest </font>

Coolness! When would you want to do this? I should be down there in Mid-May.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

'98 VR6, stock (the womans car)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Everybody here do oyur selves a favor, and dont order from courtesy....They have crewed up my order on more than one occasion. From now on im ordering nothignt from them. Even Vince cant get **** straight at that place any more. I ordered a courtesy exhuats last year. They said 5 days. After 3 weeks i called them and they never orderred it. They orderd it again and it still took more that the 5 days promised the sencond time. A few months ago i rodered motor mounts. They said 5 days, it took 2 weeks. Not long after that i ordered the whole kittencaboodle of tuneup ****. It took 3 weeks to get here...they sent the wrong pcv valve, 2 different wipers and forgot 3 parts, and im gonan find out if i got th ight fuel filter tomroow, and they sent me stock tranny fluid instead of redline like i asked. Never again....From now on im ordering from Scottsdale Infinity Nissan. I have heard nothing but good things abou them.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
420 Posts
With all the bad publicity that Courtesy is getting on here I thought I'd speak up and say that they have done a good job with the stuff I've order and when I've called for questions. They have been speedy in sending stuff, and really friendly.
I just call in the morning I guess when they are fresh and not mad at other customers from earlier in the day.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; now raising funds for AGX's

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Hmmm... I order all my Nissan parts from Courtesy and never have a problem. And that's like 10 orders. I guess everyone has bad days.....

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
what you are dealing with is an increase in the disrtibution of aftermarket, and OEM stuff at Courtsey. Nissan sports cars haven't been this popular in like a decade, maybe more.
Courtesy's people are always nice to me, but they are a very busy parts distributor. Your average dealership does not do as much volume.
And **** is mad cheap from them. On long Island the average dealership charged me like $9 for an oil filter. I was like F' that... I dont even need to say how much cheaper one is from Courtesy

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have had some orders messed up by Courtesy, but they have always taken care of it. When I ordered my bpipe from them 2 summers ago, UPS lost 2 of them. Steve was very helpful and kept sending more of them to me. I will continue to do business with them even after the few mishaps.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I am going to order though Courtsey. Just still wondering if I should use the online thing or actualy call them. And who should I talk to...and brian you better throw me in a *few* extra stickers

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
mmmkay....

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

G

·
0 Posts
They hav enot messed up any of my orders yet. I have trouble getting price qoute for odd stuff, but what i order always comes as promised. Vince is always courteous and pleasant. I will continue to order from them on good faith.

------------------
www.importpartsplus.com

The beginning...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts