SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
argh...i went to the dealer today to pick my NX up from it's free 100 point analysis...they reported that my engine crank seal is leaking oil and the belts are cracked...total to repair, is $158.16..

i know they're right too, because i detailed my engine bay, and then a week later i noticed some oil around the crank pulley..i was like wtf. also my oil had been going down slowly...i check it every now and then..at gas stations here and there..so i think i'm just going to have it replaced...the labor is 124.00 of the cost..heheh....but it sounds serious enough...thank god it's not burning oil, and it's just leaking..

anyway, i'll have it fixed by the first week of oct...thank god this analysis was free! props to my dealer!

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
292 Posts
you have it lucky..mine was leaking,, they said they wanted $1000 for it..funk that ..so i pulled the engine and its getting a DET...so i got a new seal for $4 at the store and now the engine is for sael..anyone? .. but its a 1.6

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i get paid tommorrow, i think i'll go ahead and schedule service..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
man, do it yourself, even if you have to buy the special tool, you are saving yourself some money, or drive to TX and I will do it for you for that price.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't...man...i don't have the time...it just gets under my skin so bad that my car is leaking oil, it must be fixed right away!
i'm just like that...i'll pay when it's time for a clutch, too...
i'm just so afraid to open my engine up and then not know what to do afterwards..ugh..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Like Brian said do it your self. It's real easy. Save some money for more mods!

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no, it's not the main crank seal, because i went to the dealer and asked him if he had to remove the lower oil pans and ****, and he said "no"

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts