SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've had a radiator fan thats making a lot of noise...so I need to get a new motor. Local dealer charges $37 for it, but I thought I would give Courtesy a call, and see what they tell me...so I did...$270!!!!!! :eek: That includes the motor, and fan assembly...that sounds more like the price for a lifetime supply of radiator fans, looks like I will start buying parts locally now.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Time to get a SpecV fool :) I should see how much I will be loosing on trading the Maxima in next week on the SE-R. I hate those loooooong gears in my car. **** with a 7800RPM redline I could hit 80MPH in 2nd gear and my car is a 5spd.
Jez

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Which motor do you need? I have the bigger passenger side motor in good shape and the entire driver's side fan. Let me know which you need and we'll make a deal.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the offer Ben, but i already orderd the motor from the local dealer. I need a new one, no telling how long a used one will last, the one that is going out, i had for about 7 months, i got it used :(

I looked at mine, and they both look the same size...i even took the off the shroud and compared them...same size, are you sure they're supposed to be different sizes?

·
Registered
596 Posts
It is Brian's fault. He is trying to afford a turbo, so he is marking up all the prices and pocketing the extra. :D Good plan if you ask me.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Very sure they are different. The passenger side motor is shaped like a disc whereas the driver's side one is more like a small cylinder.

Wow, Jez is posting, it's a cold day :)

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm..thats very weird..both of mine are cylinder shaped. i'll get a picture of em tomorrow.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Brian always overcharges me :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts