SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought a 1991 nissan sentra se-r.. its my first actual pretty fast car and well i love it to death since i bought it i new it was ment for me.. but yeah to the problem well i start the car and well the idle just jumps around like crazy past redline and it doesnt stop. so yeah ive read the post but none have the same problem as me. mines doesnt affect the motor or driving characteristics of my car. But even like that i dont let it stop me from racing i just use the mph :biggthump and i do good but i would love to know how i could fix it... so if any one of u know anything or had the same problem can u guys help me out well im out and ill be waiting for answers and responses to what it might be..

·
Registered
470 Posts
try maybe yer coolant temp sensor, thermostat, and/or idle air control valve? g'luck. or hey, maybe take it to a shop if no one here can help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
high rev

i had a problem like that.......but it wasn't to the redline it was like 2000-2500, that got me CRAZY ! and my temp guage was goin UP qUICK i was like freakin out wondering what the hell is going on:confused: but then i say the engine is so cool so something is wrong, so i went and buy a temp. switch and still had the problem until i change the haness that goes to the switch (i run my own haness) my idle went back to normal 800 rpm and the guage works proper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts