SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, no new posts in this section for 10 days...

RIP: SR20Forum... :(

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Yeah, right. :)

I hate crickets

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crickets are fine, outside. When they're underneath the cabinet or something in your room and you can't seem to get at them, they suck.

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
I've been DDing the B15 since May. I'm happy knowing that my finished product is as reliable as it was before. I did put it away for winter this week though. :(

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
I've been DDing the B15 since May. I'm happy knowing that my finished product is as reliable as it was before. I did put it away for winter this week though. :(
That's cool, nice it's getting some use. I've been DD'ing a turbo car lately, too. Picked this up last month... my first non-Sentra, ever.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
And I bought something new as well...well new to me.

I wouldnt say ive been out doing all the driving... But been nice to have a car that has tons of room for my fat ass, is comfortable, and i dont realy have to worry about.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kevin, you're the first non-douchebag I've seen with one of those. Congrats. :D

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
LOL you dont know what that means to me :D really... LOL

I couldnt go with the soccer mom Honda Ridgeline. Went and test drove the FJ a while back and was like WHOA this thing has so much room. Seriously front seat room was more than a Titan. Sure it may not be a truck and all sorts of things....

But I do really like it. Tons of room for my tall fat ass. 4l v6 that is getting near mid 20's on the highway, with the 4x4 and big fatty tires im impressed with that really. Its rubber floor and such so easy to keep. And well i like the funkyness of it. Considering my first car was the Suzuki Samurai :)

But yea... I really LOL'd.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL you dont know what that means to me :D really... LOL
Of course, it could be that the vehicle TURNS people into douchebags, so you're not out of the woods yet... :D

Congrats either way. Should work fine, and you can easily tow a car on a flatbed with it if need be.

BTW, Sammies are fun!

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
I like the FJ actually. Never been in one but that looks like a good purchase for you.

I have not been posting as I am in full home theater mode for the winter. My room is coming along very well and is actually usable now! All I really need is carpet and the second row of seating. Hope to have those completed by the end of Jan. but at least for now we can use the room and watch a movie or TV.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Hey Wes, you're website has turned Japanese.

C

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well i do have douchebag tendencies thats for sure. But I dont know if the FJ is like the Supra for d-bags. Atleast their forum is decent people more into using the thing for utility, not blinging it up or going in a straight line like Supra's. Only bad thing to me...guess who own's the FJ forum :D

But yes my first car was a Suzuki Samurai. Calum can attest to some stories like me almost pulling into the dorm lobby, it did make it up the steps fine, just had to turn and go in which it would have fit. Back then I was a bit smaller thats for sure, but not a whole lot I dont think. It was a fun car for city driving, and with a top that came off in about 15 seconds it was awesome in the summer if it didnt get too hot. After it was my Sentra.

The FJ is like the Honda Element inside. Very functional, same sucide doors on back, but swing out gate instead of dual opening top bottom on the Element. Back seats fold forward almost flat, not totally flat floor like the Element though. Plastic and rubber floors, pretty durable seat fabric, and tons of headroom. I was a little hesitent to buy a Toyota since Ive never had one. Know they have the posibiilty to run forever, but I just dont know them like Id know a Nissan or Honda. Things are backwards. Door lock push forward to lock the electric locks, pull back to unlock seems oppsite to me. And same for the varrible intermentant wipers, you roll forward for slower (bigger delay), and roll back for faster...Id think forward for more wipes not more delay. Oh well.

Has some nicities like electric locking rear diff. Aux in with mini jack below the 12v plug on the console. I HATE the cruise control STALK for toyotas, give me buttons on the wheel dang it. Previous owner put a back up camera which it needs. This thing has no rearward visiblity and horrible rear 3/4 view...its almost dangerous at times.

But i fit in it more comfortably than any other car ive driven so far. Tons of head room for my 6'5" person, tons of hip and should room as well. Plenty of pick up and go with gobs of torque. And got like 22-24 mpg on the highway cruising at 70mph...im a granny i do the speed limit.

·
-
3,560 Posts
Kevin is my new best friend and, afterward, my crew chief/tow vehicle! <nudge nudge>

Seriously, we could go find a dirt road and go (light) muddin'. The rallycross car needs exercise!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.