SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
front bolts are fuked up either in the thread inside or on the fukin bolts.. anyone know where to buy bolts besides Nissan... also anyone have a good idea of how to jam a botl in there tight? or how to clean out the thread?

·
got Bondo??
218 Posts
to find the bolts other than the dealers...I would suggest a hardware store (lowe's, home depot, or any other second hand hardware store). hope this helps any

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
I just drilled through the old threads and put a heavy duty bolt/lock washer/nut set on there. I can post pics later if you need.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
You're not going to find a bolt like that in a hardware store. Besides, replacements are cheap from Nissan.

01125-01911 Bolt $1.24
11249-50Y00 Washer $0.98
11248-50Y05 Pad-engine Moun $5.97

C

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you are "super cheap". Go to the local boneyard and see if there is an NX or B13 with crossmember still on. Remove the bolts from there. Its The "el chepo" route.:)

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
run a tap through there properly and clear any damage/fragments
i think its a M10 x 1.25 or 1.50 do a search, its been covered before...

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
if its the front 2 bolts drill straight through the frame and run ne wbolts washers and nuts from home depot....that what i did the rear is welded though :tongue:

·
Registered
SR20DE stock G20 p10 highport
92 Posts
Which pair of cross member bolts is longer, the FRONT or the REARS?
UPDATE: A fellow let me know that on the p10 the REAR crossmember bolts are a little longer than the front ones. It makes sense. The weight of the engine goes back when you accelerate, so those bolts need to have more threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts