SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after much delay and major procrastination on my part, here is the somewhat finished fuel rail for the GTiR Intake manifold....Ive got a couple things to hash out, but nothing big.

TB Cam clearance

Trick Bracket

The other side​

This is a direct bolt in solution for the GTiR Intake manifold to run aftermarket top feed injectors, other than these issues which will be worked out here shortly.

-The GTiR injectors use special orings to seal the injector at the manifold. This rail was designed and built to use these specific orings. They are a standard nissan part and have some on order with GregV over at Mossy. If they are the correct ones, ill just include them in with the rail kit.

-The other minor issue comes with a particular nut on the plenum that has to be removed in order for the rail to sit right. This is minor just because there is a place right next to it for a bolt to go in so you dont loose any sealing action between the lower plenum and the runners. Ill get photos of that here in a bit.

-Lastly, ill put in some set screws into the ultra trick brackets too keep the rail from sliding, right now its just sitting in there and does have lateral movement. The vertical movement is zero.

-From here, its just a matter of collecting the necessary hardware for mounting, and this will work with both the MSD style and Mototron style injectors.

Price is gonna be $200 shipped with everything you will need to install the rail (minus injectors, but including the 6an oring boss fittings). $250 if you want it polished, add in $25 for the FPR adapter to run the stock or Nismo style FPR. I expect to get all the hardware and orings in about a weeks time, once all that checks out, ill be ready to ship. International people, get with me on shipping prices.

SO, give me your feed back already.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i hate this ****.

timing timing timing....... thats one phat ass rail. now i need to save money again.... dammit... now im gonna bite on this even though i just polished my rail.... but first i need to gather funds for my cf trunk if possible. grrrrrrrrrrrr.. good work boss. is it necessary with the logo though? i just want everything plain. =)

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JRios said:
When can I send you the money to get one of these bad boys?
Let me make sure the orings from Mossy are the correct ones...should be a week or so.

RUTH'LESS 200sx said:
That is a beautiful rail!
thanks!

1810 said:
timing timing timing....... thats one phat ass rail. now i need to save money again.... dammit... now im gonna bite on this even though i just polished my rail.... but first i need to gather funds for my cf trunk if possible. grrrrrrrrrrrr.. good work boss. is it necessary with the logo though? i just want everything plain. =)
I guess i could do it without the logo, but what do I get out of it?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
.lookin beefy...are the edges of the throttle-cam-window going to be rounded as well.....?........awesome job........looking forward to selling my polished stocker...

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think ill round the edges of the TB cam opening...its not really necessary, plus thats there purely for function.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
every product that pat makes is of best quality

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
back to black said:
is there any way you could anodize that sh*t
No.

I dont have anodizing equipment here, and in NM the anodizers charge a small fortune to get anything done, sorry mang.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
okay guys ive got a question to ask...what injectors are you planning on running with this rail. The new orings i got from Mossy are different than expected and it changes some things.

Reason being, the motoronic/mototron injectos will work with those new orings, you just gotta run two of them.

The MSD style will only work if you modify the pintle going into the manifold. Basically you have to trim the front snout a bit, and still have to run two orings.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay so here you go, im illustrating what you have to do with the two different style injectors.

First, this is the MSD style, i go believe RC is this style too..

Second, this is the Mototronic/Siemens injector style...

Lets start with the Mototronic/Siemens style first. There is no modifications necessary to use this injector style. Because of the new oring style that nissan has, you have to run two orings. The standard round one that goes on the injector itself, and the new nissan style in the manifold.

Two different orings, the square one is the Nissan one, the round one should have come with your injector.

Nissan one in the manifold.

Injector seated. Done deal. Ill include four of the the new nissan style orings for this injector.

If your running the MSD/RC style injector, you have to modify the pintle a little bit for this to work properly.

Basically what you do is grind/file/sand the pintle down so that it will fit INSIDE the new oring with a little bit of play.

From there your gonna run TWO of the new Nissan style orings on this end of the injector. Reason being, if you dont modify the end of the injector it will push the lower oring into the spray pattern area, not that it will do much, but better to have no obsctuctions in your fuel path. Here is what i mean.

Modified pintle.

Unmodfified, you can see the oring squishing into the spray pattern area. Ill include 8 of these new orings with the rail for you MSD/RC style injector guys

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
...so what amout needs to be removed from the rc? ...about .75mm radius?

....I'm lovin the brackets man....everythings lookin real nice...good job....

....give me a PM when your ready to ship and I'll blip some funds as soon as I get the word....

........__J

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didnt measure specifically, but you just have to make the pintle smaller than the oring its gonna sit into, that way it doesnt mush the lower oring. Does that make sense?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts