SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week, I took my 97 SE-R out to the track for the second time. The first time I went out my best was a 16 flat. That was just with PR CAI. This time I just installed my AGX's and Tech 5 springs. I was able to get a best ET of 15.8. What kind of times are you guys getting normally? I know there is a certain SI person on this board that got a 15.4 that night with just a AEM CAI. I think that is pretty amazing. I know I havent dragged a lot, but are you guys getting below stock times with just a CAI?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Pre turbo I was cutting 15.2's. This was in my fat heavy ass 98 SE. My mods at the time were UR 2 pully set,PR CAI,HS header,advanced timing,shitty crush bent 2" exhaust and MT DOT drag radials.

I was hoping to get in the 14's with the addition of JWT S3 cams,Courtesy Nissan mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust and a 96 lsd trans. But my first time at the track with the new mods I overrevd my motor and blew all the rocker arms to pieces destroying my new cams in the process

Now with the turbo my best pull was a [email protected] at 10psi with a slipping ACT clutch.

Peace!
Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been one time and it was at the same track Mike runs at. I ran a 15.9 with just HS CAI and timing. I also ran a 16 flat with the same mods and add no exhaust back pressure from a broken flex pipe.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Those times look right for just a CAI. I ran a 15.88 @ 88.9MPH with just a PR CAI on a GTech. Now last night with my Apexi Rev / Speed Meter I ran a 15.71 with newly added KYB AGX's and Eibach Sportlines. So I think its pretty even for the same mods. Maybe next year I can rustle of some low 14's.

Peter
97 200SX SER
www.geocities.com/nyceser

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twentyfivecharacters:
Earlier this week, I took my 97 SE-R out to the track for the second time. The first time I went out my best was a 16 flat. That was just with PR CAI. This time I just installed my AGX's and Tech 5 springs. I was able to get a best ET of 15.8. What kind of times are you guys getting normally? I know there is a certain SI person on this board that got a 15.4 that night with just a AEM CAI. I think that is pretty amazing. I know I havent dragged a lot, but are you guys getting below stock times with just a CAI?</font>
I think with a little more practice and a working tach youll be lower in the 15s than you are now.Shoot,youe traps are the same as mine.When you got the jump on me that one run,i had a bitch of a time making up any ground.You are doin well for your second time at the track,and runnin with a broken tach.Get that fixed,and see what happens.Are you plannin on goin again???If so,let me know,cuz im always up for abusing the Si.Drive it like ya hate it,ya know!!!!!

------------------
wheel gap is the enemey!!!15.4 ET,AEM +suspension.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
15.454 @ 88.52 mph in my heavy as '98 SE....on 57,000 mile nearly bald stock Goodyear RSA's (yes thats 57,000 miles)with a 2.325 60' time. 61,000 miles on the car itself.

The only bolt-ons I had were the Hotshot CAI and Hotshot G3 header. The timing was @ 19 and I also removed the passenger seat and spare tire + jack in the trunk. I think that E/T with only 2 real mods in the heaviest and slowest SE-R with no LSD, was pretty damned good.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
15.454 @ 88.52 mph in my heavy as '98 SE....on 57,000 mile nearly bald stock Goodyear RSA's (yes thats 57,000 miles)with a 2.325 60' time. 61,000 miles on the car itself.</font>
That time is not to shabby at all. How TF did you get 57k out of your stock tires?? Mine lasted around 12k hehe

Mike

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Gosselin:
That time is not to shabby at all. How TF did you get 57k out of your stock tires?? Mine lasted around 12k hehe
Mike
</font>
LOL, the guy I bought it from since he bought it drove it work an hour each way every weekday from the day he bought it till about six months ago. He never got on it, prolly just hit 5th gear on the highway the entire time.

The RSA's did have 57,000 miles on them and were QUITE bald when I got myself a new set of Pirellis, they were pretty much undriveable in the rain.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

1 - 10 of 10 Posts