SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have install and setup instructions for these? I bought a used set from Stratton and want to put them on this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.

brian

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I have these, and instructions were impossible to find.

They're very straightforward, but if you have the rears, you'll find you have to machine about 3mm off the inboard side of them or they won't fit into the strut tower.

Be sure you don't have the insides reversed, or you'll only be able to get positive camber (I did that on one by accident). It will make sense if you look at them before you put them on the car and think about what kind of adjustment you want.

PM me questions if you want.

James

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
spnx said:
Hey Monty, you're running them too? Are you my Turbo NX2000 Doppleganger?
The turbo NX is no more... she had a heart attack (detonated) a year ago on the track and was just delivered to a new owner last month as a stock hardtop NX:(

I drive this now...

I have GC C/C plates that I put on at the beginning of this year.

(I was working on a side exit exhaust for track days)
James
You'll like it... :D

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Heh, too bad, at least it's still on the road! Your replacement vehicle looks worthy.

This hardtop NX turbo's still running fine, but I really don't feel safe pushing it hard on a roadcourse until I find some way to seriously get some more air in there.

(sorry for derailing the thread a bit here!)

James

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spnx said:
I have these, and instructions were impossible to find.
They're very straightforward, but if you have the rears, you'll find you have to machine about 3mm off the inboard side of them or they won't fit into the strut tower.
Be sure you don't have the insides reversed, or you'll only be able to get positive camber (I did that on one by accident). It will make sense if you look at them before you put them on the car and think about what kind of adjustment you want.
PM me questions if you want.
James
nope, only the fronts as of right now. so there is not a specific side they belong on or any specific orientation?

also, they just merely replace the top half of the strut top hat?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts