SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go this quote from the Sentra Online Magazine. It is in the January issue. It is in the interview with Richard of www.nis-knacks.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Richard: Well, what else would you like to see? If the support is there and it is within my means to acquire it, I could possibly make it or have it imported. One area of the B13 that I may eventually work on is custom interior parts. I'm just curious if there is an interest in that. Take for instance the plastic console surrounding the A/C and radio controls, it wouldn't be too unrealistic to use transparent colors and inject them into an OE mold for a nice looking custom interior. The key here is that new custom molds wouldn't have to be developed making it really affordable to make and sell.</font>
Lets get this campagin going on now!!!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I ask you ....... WHY?

Do you really -I mean really want a transparent-colored trim piece in your B13?

It would look like an iMac, which I have no problem with, as that's what I'm typing this post on right now.

However, I don't think the interior of a car is meant for transparent-color trim pieces.

#1) A waste of money.

#2) Too ricey.

#3) Wrong material (transparent-color plastic) in the wrong environment (my car).

Just my opinion.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
I have to agree with you Greg, I wouldnt want my car looking like an Imac/George Foreman grille. And besides, if its transparent, you can see behind there in the dash, and I really wouldnt want to be looking at a mess of wires thats back there.

To me, if I had the money to spend, I would sooner buy a performance mod, then some transparent console piece.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
PHAT. There's 15whp.
JK, a friend of mine has those in his car. If thats your thing go for it. I think its a ripoff and kinda pointless.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
I ask you ....... WHY?

It would look like an iMac, which I have no problem with, as that's what I'm typing this post on right now.

However, I don't think the interior of a car is meant for transparent-color trim pieces.

#1) A waste of money.

#2) Too ricey.

#3) Wrong material (transparent-color plastic) in the wrong environment (my car).

Just my opinion.

</font>
My interior is all business right now. I would like to spruce it up a bit. Here are some pics.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/images/guages3.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/images/steering_wheel.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/images/shiftknob.JPG

·
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
I ask you ....... WHY?

#1) A waste of money.

#2) Too ricey.

Just my opinion.

</font>

Ok, besides transparent, wouldn't a nice molded faux wood like what is optional on the Maxima, or even a carbon fiber "look" would be nice. The point is to spruce it up, not make it into a Mercedes.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
If he has any interest in B13 cosmetics, how about custom grills for the '91-'92 and '93-'94 Sentras?

I don't want a stupid Rice KombatNinja bumper cover or neon glow-in-the-dark HVAC faces. I just want a cool, understated grill for my '92 SE-R without having to hack up a factory piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts