SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a head's up on this great piece of work. We just got it in last week and looks bad ASS!!. Rob is a cool person to deal with and defenitely keeps his word. For everyone outhere wondering on this manifold, all I can say its that it fits fine with no problem, tig welds are excellent and its well built. We'll keep everyone posted on the outcome of the car.

[This message has been edited by nsracer (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
I have a stage 1 manifold for sale, check the for sale area.

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen4 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
Thanks Tony for the head's up! I'm glad you like the manifold. I can't wait and see the results of both dyno #'s and 1/4 mile times.
I appreciate all of your tips
and info. In case you didn't hear, my car is running again! I intend to go to the track tomorrow and try for the elusive 11's. How did your buddy hit the double 1's?

------------------
321.2 HP @ 6500 RPM
285.1 ft/lb @ 5300 RPM
3 bar Program w/50lb injectors...TO4E/T3 Stage II
12.81 @ 116.8 mph

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm not sure man, I really wouldn't label him as one of my buddy's, but someone who I know and are cool with. He'll probably see this post and maybe talk about it. 11's shouldn't be that hard. Just remember to watch those egt's. Did u just put a stock motor in your car again??. Did u try what I told u
When u get a chance give me a call to see if u got the core with the t/body. 623-845-1640.

·
438 Posts
Pictures of manifolds together

Tony, your car looks BAD ASS! I think a magazine article should be in order! Give me a call at home either Wednesday or Thursday. We've gotta talk.:cool:

·
438 Posts
With the stock manifold at 15psi of boost I dyno'd 272hp. Bolting on the Stage II unit, HP jumped to 321.2 at the same boost level AND peak HP showed up at 6500 in both runs. That's almost 50HP!!!! It will surely be a higher HP figure at higher boost levels.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
438 Posts
The plenum displacement is much larger than the GTI-R unit. The tests were done on a stock DE engine. I'm willing to bet that it would outflow and outperform the GTI-R unit. Any takers?

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
I TAKE U UP ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Find a stock gti-r powered car and find a sr20de with a T28 turbo set-up from a GTi-R (with the 8:3.1 pistons too if u like) and put them both on the dyno with the same boost level. I have to see it to belive it.

But your manifold is still sweet, when I get a bluebird for my daily driver, I think I might get one.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am 95% certain that this manifold will not bolt up to the Gti-R head, as I believe the intake ports are a different shape than any of the USDM SR20 heads, sorry guys :(

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
This is true. I also believe the bolt patern on a GTiR head is backwards compared to a USDM head.

Lyn Labahn said:
I am 95% certain that this manifold will not bolt up to the Gti-R head, as I believe the intake ports are a different shape than any of the USDM SR20 heads, sorry guys :(

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Yea I think me and jbanach77 would know that it wouldn't bolt up (because we both have Gti-R engines). I'm just asking for a comparison for a Gti-R turbo set up on a sr20 and jabanach 77 would like to see a custom manifold for the Gti-R engine.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts