SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How many guys would be interested in a custom intake manifold for your turbo/NOS/NA SR20DE(T)'s? There are two stages.
The first that I have on my car has internal velocity stacks (that are raised off of the plenum's floor), tapered runners and a large plenum. My manifold was also port matched to my intake runners. It changed the characteristic of my mid range and top end substantially. I would recommend this one for those with the T04E/T3 and larger turbo's or those spraying over 100shot of NOS. (Stage II)

The second unit is similiar, but instead of internal velocity stacks it incorporates radiused velocity stacks. This would be perfect for those with the T25-T28 turbo/NOS from 50-80 shot and NA engines with major bolt ons. (Stage I)

If any interest is shown, I'll post the pics on this site. The prices for both are $800 for Stage II and $550 for Stage I.

The units are available for all SR20's 91-99. I have cores for the 91-93 high port motor. You will have to either send in your core or be charged a core charge for 94-99 low port motors.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
I would be interested. I would like to see pics. Also, I would probably drive over and pick it up and bring my old manifold with me.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Count me in, possibly. We're looking at turning up our direct-port nitrous next year, and this could be a MAJOR part of it.
Question: I take it there's plenty o' room on these manifolds for drilling/tapping a direct-port NOS setup, no?
Again...pics would be helpful in deciding.
But for now...count me in.
Email: [email protected]

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here are some pics of the manifold. Remember that this one is the prototype unit on my car.
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=3B65CC9C.AA4DC45F%40execpc.com&number=115081919&part=1.2
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=3B65CC9C.AA4DC45F%40execpc.com&number=115081919&part=1.3
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=38DEE796.C56C5700%40hotmail.com&number=5801573&part=1.6
The pictures listed show what the runners look like without the plenum and how it is installed in the vehicle. This unit is the stage two version.
Shown below is the Stage I version with the radiused inlets.
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=3B65CC9C.AA4DC45F%40execpc.com&number=115081919&part=1.9

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Boost:

Here are some pics of the manifold. Remember that this one is the prototype unit on my car.
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=3B65CC9C.AA4DC45F%40execpc.com&number=115081919&part=1.2
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=3B65CC9C.AA4DC45F%40execpc.com&number=115081919&part=1.3
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=38DEE796.C56C5700%40hotmail.com&number=5801573&part=1.6
The pictures listed show what the runners look like without the plenum and how it is installed in the vehicle. This unit is the stage two version.
Shown below is the Stage I version with the radiused inlets.
mailbox:/C|/Program Files/Netscape/Users/rwilliams/mail/Inbox?id=3B65CC9C.AA4DC45F%40execpc.com&number=115081919&part=1.9
</font>
Sorry, but you cannot host a pic from your harddrive

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone would like me to forward them pics of the manifolds, please email me.
Thank you! I will send everyone pics that responded to this post sometime tonight!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I would be interested also. Send me some pics and any dyno charts you might have. Thanks

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Just got the photos, and I do likey-likey what I see.
So far.

Of course, a dyno session would do wonders, but there is obviously a lot of thought put into the design of this intake manifold.

And, It looks like it would help with direct-port nitrous A LOT.

These stacks look promising for drilling/tapping for our NOS Direct-Port setup:

I'd LOVE to see a dyno chart on this. THAT would close the deal on whether or not to buy one. I have a feeling that it'll work, and work well. IMHO.

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 07-30-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Any estimate on HP gains? On NA and Turbo cars?

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After talking with Mike Kojima he estimated 15-20hp on a NA car. For a turbo or NOS car I would have to guesstimate gains over 30 with higher boost levels in the 14-20psi range. I read the article in either SCC or Turbo for the various intake manifolds they compared delivered 30-40 on boosted engines. I've seen the various ones from STR, Venom and JG and none of them have velocity stacks or radiused inlets promoting smoother airflow. Those are all mass produced units with some obvious shortcuts. I am not bashing their products at all, but there are a few shortcomings present that have been addressed with this product. The other units work absolutely awesome but the attention to detail and the welding is second to none.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Any estimate on HP gains? On NA and Turbo cars?

</font>

1 - 20 of 61 Posts