SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know ive been posting too much honda content recently but i a was searching for dyno numbers for my buds crx and found this...

http://www.teamdelsol.com/howto/coldair/diycoldair.htm

I really gotta hand it to this guy for making it come together for so little cost. im a little disappointed i found it in the honda camp. if nothing else maybe i should do a WAI or something with my POP with this guy's methods

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not having a MAF makes that idea a lot easier though :). Seriously, our intake tract is a lot bigger mess that the honda's - hell, he can couple a pipe right up to the TB! And he only has the one outside line coming into the piping, for the VC vent, I know there is more than that to deal with on the SR. But I might try to make a homemade CAI while my car is down this winter anyway, it would be a cool project if it actually worked. Even if I can't make it all work, I could always put the stock rubber hose back between the TB and MAF, and just make cold air piping ahead of the MAF.

I also wonder why he uses the aluminized pipe to save money, then wastes all that time to paint the inside of the tube and all... I would just get a stainless tube, and I could polish it up too.

Josh

·
Registered
178 Posts
MEClassic, goto ebay.com and search for Sentra Intake... you will notice alot of generic intakes for like $25 that come with A pipe (the pipe with necessary nipples) and even MAF adapter... Just get that and then you can do all the piping like in the link, from the MAF sensor down...

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is great for us cheap people! This will be a great place for me to mount my nitrous injector on too.

Does anyone know what the diameter pipe AEM uses for our sentras and what distance from the TB they put the MAF?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Probedude said:
This is great for us cheap people! This will be a great place for me to mount my nitrous injector on too.

Does anyone know what the diameter pipe AEM uses for our sentras and what distance from the TB they put the MAF?
I think it's 2.5" (I might be wrong, but I am 90% sure) as far as MAF goes, I don't think it matters at all how far MAF sensor is away from TB as long as MAF wiring is lengthened to reach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts