SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Me likes Big Ol Booties!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just bought a HS header and now I need a place that will install it and has some references from you guys in here. I also need a cat-back exhaust, and also I need some UR pulleys installed.

Recommendations??? Anyone heard of Import Sports in Glen Burnie, MD?

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
mirrortints said:
Hey, I just bought a HS header and now I need a place that will install it and has some references from you guys in here. I also need a cat-back exhaust, and also I need some UR pulleys installed.

Recommendations??? Anyone heard of Import Sports in Glen Burnie, MD?
put the header on yourself, it will save you alot of money. i went to a place called mid atlantic muffler to get my exhaust but they are located in baltimore.

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
mirrortints said:
Okay, so where can I find instructions on installing this? Do I have to remove the engine or anything to put this thing on?
its simple. all you need is a socket set and about 1-2 hrs. unbolt the stock manifold bolts and the bolts that connect the cat to the flexpipe then put the HS header in the same way you took the stock one out. you may or may not run into some minor problems but nothing common sense cant fix. if you have some sort of lubricant or something to spray on the bolts to loosen them i would use it, when the bolts become rusty they are a bitch to get off (PB blaster works great)

·
Back down to one SR20
2,055 Posts
mirrortints said:
Okay, so where can I find instructions on installing this? Do I have to remove the engine or anything to put this thing on?
If memory serves me correct:

Disconnect battery
Remove fans
Remove heatshield
Remove EGR tube
Remove O2 sensor
Move Oil catch can to the side
Disconnect downpipe from primary
Disconnect downpipe from cat
Take off downpipe
Unbolt primary from head and take it off
Clean off old exhaust gasket
Put on new gasket
Put on new header primary (Hand screw, Dont tighten)
Put on new header secondary (with new gasket in between)
Connect secondary to cat (with new gasket)
Torgue exhaust manifold head bolts to FSM specs
Put back on everything else you took off.

Probably left some stuff out, maybe someone else will chime in.

Hope this helps.

·
Me likes Big Ol Booties!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But question, I sent the header to get recoated at HS and won't get that back for another couple of weeks. All I got was the header, and the downpipe, I guess that's what it's called, that goes to the cat. I also got something that seems to connect the downpipe to the cat, but I thought there was something, something small and flimsy with those 4 holes like the header that goes between the header and the engine.

Also, when I'm installing this, should I use some sort of lubricant or something to mount the header. I know cars love lubricants.

Also, how would I go about gaining the help of some local sentra owners to help a brother out?! I'm pretty good at car stereos, but not that great with performance parts. I can change my own oil tho, and I put in my own CAI! So I'm not a complete idiot.

·
Back down to one SR20
2,055 Posts
mirrortints said:
But question, I sent the header to get recoated at HS and won't get that back for another couple of weeks. All I got was the header, and the downpipe, I guess that's what it's called, that goes to the cat. I also got something that seems to connect the downpipe to the cat, but I thought there was something, something small and flimsy with those 4 holes like the header that goes between the header and the engine.

Also, when I'm installing this, should I use some sort of lubricant or something to mount the header. I know cars love lubricants.

Also, how would I go about gaining the help of some local sentra owners to help a brother out?! I'm pretty good at car stereos, but not that great with performance parts. I can change my own oil tho, and I put in my own CAI! So I'm not a complete idiot.
If it wont be back for a couple a weeks just wait and bring it to the meet, and well show you what to do.

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
follow hazar's directions his are a little better. try to come to the meet the more se-r's the better.

·
Registered
703 Posts
mirrortints said:
:eek: oh oh noob alert............let's get em

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
damn, the first 2 replies were directions and not the infamous SEARCH, that has to be a first.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
let's put it this way...if you have to ask (you know the rest). They did a very very good job but it cost me enough that i gotta go turbo to justify what i spent.
O
Off topic
Anyone want to buy a pair of S4's for $400??

·
Back down to one SR20
2,055 Posts
OnyxEros said:
let's put it this way...if you have to ask (you know the rest). They did a very very good job but it cost me enough that i gotta go turbo to justify what i spent.
O
Off topic
Anyone want to buy a pair of S4's for $400??
Hold that thought......might take them. PM me your number and I'll let you know by saturday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts