SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone had any custom tail lights on their 200SX. I'm interested in getting some for my 200SX, but don't wanna have to go through MAJOR modifications. Sorry that I have to get on this topic, but does anyone have/know of a 200SX with Civic tail lights? If so, what mods were done? I'm liking the Altezza Skyline tail lights and wondered about getting these on my '97 200SX. Again, sorry I had to bring up THAT word... Pleeeeeeez forgive me! But hey, I'm new to the forum and a female so be nice : ) Any other ideas or input about custom tail lights for the 200SX would be appreciated.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I made the orange on mine red. I have not seen too many tail light mods on the 200sx. are your tail light the flat ones or the bubbled out ones?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike sr20de:
I made the orange on mine red. I have not seen too many tail light mods on the 200sx. are your tail light the flat ones or the bubbled out ones?</font>
AFAIK, 98 is the only year the tails were bubbled.

------------------
stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
If you want a picture of clears just IM me at SR20SER on aol or at Gu57ido on aol. This guy has them, he is on the board I think. But I had painted my 96 taillights red where the orange was. Is your car an SE-R??? You can also email me at those names @aol.com if you would like.

Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R (pacific sun blue)

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Dude dont degrade the 200sx down to honda standards by getting clear tails. If you want to look like a honda go buy one. Spend that money where it should go, speed not looks.

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Dude dont degrade the 200sx down to honda standards by getting clear tails. If you want to look like a honda go buy one. Spend that money where it should go, speed not looks.

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Im not trying to be a dick, i dont like clear tails. WTF, they make them for the P/T Crusier.
P.S. Sorry for the double Post

------------------

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're referring to me, the original person who posted the topic I'm not *trying* to degrade the 200SX. I'm not interested in the clear tail lights from Honda. I am *trying* to make my car look good. I'm not trying to make it look fast either... Honestly, speed is not my main concern right now. I have the 1.6L engine and even with the limited upgrades that I have now there is no major difference in speed. My money is going to the right place for ME... for looks. I like the way my car looks and will continue to change it. I realize that 90% of the people on the board are far more concerned with how fast their 200SX is rather than how good it looks. In case this just isn't so for me, sorry. Have you seen the 200SX on import-fan.com with the Honda S200 tail lights? Just b/c someone likes the Honda tail lights doesn't necessarily mean they want to look like a Honda. Again, as I stated in my original post I didn't wnat to go THERE, but I do like the Altezza Skyline style tail lights... not the car it's made for.

<<Dude dont degrade the 200sx down to honda standards by getting clear tails. If you want to look like a honda go buy one. Spend that money where it should go, speed not looks.>>

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 96 all motor SeR:
Dude dont degrade the 200sx down to honda standards by getting clear tails. If you want to look like a honda go buy one. Spend that money where it should go, speed not looks.</font>
whoa!! first off, the tails for the PT Cruiser are Altezzas. secondly the only reason i got my clears (well, besides the fact that it looks good w/ the carbon fiber trunk trim) is cuz they don't make skyline style for us. like she said, performance donesn't have to be the first thing done to enhance our cars.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
It was just my opinion, i may have stated it wrong, so i apologize for anyone taking it the wrong way.

------------------

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do want to thank those who gave their input and help regarding the tails for the 200SX.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It shouldn't matter what mods we do first. Its all up to what the person decides and what situation their in...for instance, When I had a Neon I did an exhaust and intake first. With the SE-R, I did Stereo mods first.

Sometimes it all comes down to what you can fit in your budget.

------------------
GUZ
'97 Black 200SX SE-R w/ some junk in da trunk

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
I gotta agree guys..I mean we see it all the time on this forum...people making negative comments about people that spend money on things that are considered ricer. I figure we are all enthusiast here. Some more for speed..others more cosmetics. (Some like both....like me..he,he,he) But I figure...to me the bottom line should be..if you have nothing helpful to post on a particular subject..leave it at that. I understand that this is a free forum and you have the right to post your opinions..but think of it this way...If everybody we're to say and do whatever they wanted because they had the right too..the world would be in a much worse situation then it is now. I guess im just kinda emotional over whats been happening over the last couple days....but to me it seems that if everyone would take the time out to respect and think of how they're words or actions would affect others the world would be a better place. Im not meaning to place blame on anyone or talk ish about those who have posted unhelpful or degrading post. Just wanted to say that no matter if you want to drive a all show 200sx/Honda/whatever or a balls out fast Sentra/Ford/whatever...Just remember..you may not like it or it may not appeal to you but just because of that does it make it wrong? I thinks its never been said better than, " DO ON TO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD WANT DONE TO YOU " Sorry for the long post guys...

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My vote would be for lights resembling those of a Mazda RX2, 1958 Edsel Villager wagon or a 1970 Ford Mustang. YMMV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have to agree with you all pretty much. Some people like looks, (and there's really nothing wrong with that when it all boils down) and some people go for speed. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. One thing we do have in common is that we all obviously love our Nissans, and support is, well, support, no matter how you view it. Don't let the bad apples ("ricers") out there ruin it for the rest of us.

------------------
200sx -==- Looks. Speed. Thrills.

G

·
Can someone one tell me what the Skyline Clear light look like ??? and where you got them ??? Stillen ?

or do you have any pictures ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
the only thing i have heard of is using integra euros and modifying them... i saw a 2oosx with euros, but they were civic euros and he had shaved his bumper and modified his whole trunk and rear end... i didnt even know it was a 200sxx til i followed him into a gas station... oh and props to girls who r down for car mods... u rule!

------------------
[email protected] vtech

1 - 20 of 28 Posts