SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nx has 115k miles on it. No real problems with it. but the tranny grinds a little in 2nd (no 5th gear pop out yet). anyway, i've made custom turbo kits for 3000gts so i know how to make turbo kits. Ebay has almost all the parts to turbo my engine without doing a swap: manifold, turbo, dump pipe, intake manifold, injectors and fuel pump. I can make an oil supply kit for the turbo for $100...

Used BlueBird swap with custom FMIC: about $2000

Custom Setup with all new parts with FMIC: about $1,200

the a/c doesn't work, so buying a used engine will fix that.
Also, are there any aftermarket performance trannys for the nx?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I've just realized that there are a lot of these posts already...Most people say go with the custom turbo swap on the n/a engine as long as the compression is still good. I'll do a test tomorrow.

will i need a new flywheel for the swap?

is the de oil pump the same as the det oil pump?

if my engine ever blows, i can just buy an n/a de engine for just $600 shipped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im in the same boat on this and ended up buying the u13 bluebird i just got dropped off yesterday i think its the better of the two options just for the fact that the motor is fresh and the compression is lower which really dosent matter unless u go bigger but go big or go home right. the only issue is that i bought just the motor so i have to still get the ecu and cant figure out wether the tps that is 5 wire just switches out with the de one and still plugs into the det ecu or if i need the det harness too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts