SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bougtht a set of Pacesetter headers and exhaust. The parts are fine and make an enormous difference in the performance of my 92 SE-R. But, the customer service I received from Pacestter was deplorable. These guys just did not care. I had to talk to a tech. to get anywhere. He was a good guy, but the rest of those morons need to find other lines of work. I suggest looking elsewhere for performance parts if you are going to need any kind of assistance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did you get the black or ceramic coated one?
I was thinking about getting one.
I can't afford the hotshot g4 and put food on the table at the same time. Especially since Im geting the S3 cams in 2 weeks!!

Did you feel a big performance gain?

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Dude from what ive heard these headers are not the route. If you want a cheap header appx. Just replace the flex pipe at a muffler shop, then maybe get a JDM ex. manifold, and drill in the hole for O2 sensor. That might work

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to know how the exhaust is? I was thinking of getting it, saw it in Nopi for 150.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didnt SCC have a header shootout?
I forgot what issue it was, but Pacesetter didnt do too bad. In fact, I believe it beat some of the more expensive brands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far, so good w/ both the header and exhaust. It has been raining hard for the last couple of days. I have not had a chance to really open it up, but the few times I have put my foot down I've been impressed.
It got the headers, exhuast and a Tenzo intake for less than $550 w/ shipping. The ceramic coated are more expensive.
Changing these parts is a simple swap-job until you discover bolts fused together from heat and 11 New England winters. Thank God for the battery powered Dremel.

·
Registered
858 Posts
ya I broke one too but now don't know if I should make a bigger hole or just use a helicoil. have a leak in the right corner of the header. I even used liquid wrench 2 days before the install to work it in and one still broke. wonder if they sell stronger studs for headers.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:
Just replace the flex pipe at a muffler shop, then maybe get a JDM ex. manifold</font>
speaking of JDM ex manifolds...i have one i'm trying to sell...$60 if anyone wants it!
i too have the pacesetter, and no complaints from me..except they look ugly
but besides that, i like em, they get the job done.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

1 - 8 of 8 Posts