SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced a cracked fuel injector and a bad seal on another one and the car is running fine now at idle. it will go into boost just fine. when i get up into 6-7k rpms it feels like my fuel is cutting out. it will go to redline but right about at 6k rpms you can feel the car bucking and striving to make it to redline. maybe a ignition problem? i just put in a new walbro 255 and nismo fpr (set to 45 lbs w/ vac line off). my wires are only a year old and the plugs are about the same and my timing is set to 15.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
yeah, reminds me of when i was in Serbans nx and the wires came loose or somthing like that. check the ignition system.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
mcguiver7 said:
i just replaced a cracked fuel injector and a bad seal on another one and the car is running fine now at idle. it will go into boost just fine. when i get up into 6-7k rpms it feels like my fuel is cutting out. it will go to redline but right about at 6k rpms you can feel the car bucking and striving to make it to redline. maybe a ignition problem? i just put in a new walbro 255 and nismo fpr (set to 45 lbs w/ vac line off). my wires are only a year old and the plugs are about the same and my timing is set to 15.
Check your engine is good, i noticed your battery is in the trunk also. Did u run a ground wire all the wat to the engine or did u just run a short ground to the chassis in the trunk?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nismo5042 said:
sounds like it could very well be an ignition problem.how new are you plug wires and plugs?
theyre both about a year old.

charlie2020 said:
Check your engine is good, i noticed your battery is in the trunk also. Did u run a ground wire all the wat to the engine or did u just run a short ground to the chassis in the trunk?
i ran two short grounds in the trunk to the chasis. ive never had this problem before so do you think one of my grounds came loose?

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
I've read its not good to run just a short ground to the trunk when you relocate to teh trunk, a direct ground to the engine is needed from the negative side the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts