SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lightning fast egg :)
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a local shop that has experience with the SR20 motors.
My head is all done, but since I changed the valve guides and seats were reground I need to have the valve shim clearance measured.

Anyone know a place that can properly set up the valve shim clearance?

I took it to a local machine shop and they're clueless. I'm not sure if I want to start getting the feeler gauges out and leaving it in my own hands.

I know DPR and places down south can do it, but I don't want to ship my head out.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I'm anxious to get the engine into the car

Thanks,
Frank :D

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Because your head is probably stock and I've speant about 30 hours on port matching/polishing. Another 5 hours on the valves cleaning alone.
It's a beautifull piece to look at :D

How do I know that you've kept all the shims/HVLA/rocker arms in the right order? Even if I bought your head I'd still want to go through the same procedure.
Even if you hand lap the valves, you should always check the valve clearance.
That's my take on it, but I might be too anal. I'd rather spend $100 and know that it's right. I've spent too much time and money on this engine to take shortcuts
(ceramic & molebdynum coatings on internals included)
Thanks though.

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
easy there, I was offering you my head which is still on my de from my 93.5 g20. I havent touched the engine since I've done the swap. I pulled the engine because i dropped in a DET.

Try absolute motorsports in Mississauga

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man........ and I wasn't trying to be hard on you ;)
How many kms on your engine? Did it run?

CanadianG said:
easy there, I was offering you my head which is still on my de from my 93.5 g20. I havent touched the engine since I've done the swap. I pulled the engine because i dropped in a DET.

Try absolute motorsports in Mississauga

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
Mileage is unkown the dealer got it as a trade in and the engine was swapped at 220 on the clock I bout it with 250. It had 293 when I swapped for DET. It ran but I wanted more power. Its got the ribbed head, this is the only pic I have of it until the weekend

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
pm me i know a good people who you can trust reasonable pricing and they will not **** up anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts