SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i have some good news a forum member needmore$4ser has purchased these and i will be installing them tomorrow morning weather permitting.I am letting everyone know i will be taking plenty of pics of the install and also before and after pics.I know alot of guys must be waiting to see pics of this setup before then purchase.hope you all enjoy expect pics around 5-6 tomorrow night i will also need someone to host them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Ha.......installing mine now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Dammit...........strut bolts are off a little, no brackets for the brake line, none for the rear sway bar link, what the hell did they base this off.........
 

·
SR powered S13 coupe
Joined
·
6,728 Posts
Coolgear, have you measured the stock struts to the D2's for the strut bolt mounts. If they are not off by that much, you could slot the D2's enough to mount them...

Also, My ShockTek's did not come with brackets for the swaybar end-links... luckily I upgraded to the Progress swaybar at the same time which mount to the lower stabilizer bolt on the knuckle assembly. Not sure what to say about the brake lines...
 

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
coolgear said:
Dammit...........strut bolts are off a little, no brackets for the brake line, none for the rear sway bar link, what the hell did they base this off.........

Keep us posted, the guy assured me they were for the B13 application even though the D2 website said "sentra B13 '03 and up".

http://www.d2racing.com.tw/absorber-racing.htm

I was a little concerned with fitment and want to find out before he ships it to me if they are junk. thanks

nathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
McCoy said:
Coolgear, have you measured the stock struts to the D2's for the strut bolt mounts. If they are not off by that much, you could slot the D2's enough to mount them...

Also, My ShockTek's did not come with brackets for the swaybar end-links... luckily I upgraded to the Progress swaybar at the same time which mount to the lower stabilizer bolt on the knuckle assembly. Not sure what to say about the brake lines...
I bored out the strut tower holes a little, it fits good, the rears were perfect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
sr20sleeper said:
Keep us posted, the guy assured me they were for the B13 application even though the D2 website said "sentra B13 '03 and up".

http://www.d2racing.com.tw/absorber-racing.htm

I was a little concerned with fitment and want to find out before he ships it to me if they are junk. thanks

nathan
Nathan, there are pics of my D2 on the group buys section, check it out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
i also ordered these.. and they will be here on monday.. I cant wait.. not too worried about the rear sway bar.. I have teh ST bar.. post yoour thought abotu them after install.. and also what spring rates you guys got..
 

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
coolgear said:
Nathan, there are pics of my D2 on the group buys section, check it out
So i take it they do fit OK? You just bored the hole slightly. I have the ST rear bar so i am not worried about the mounting point on the strut. Post some pics of the install if you can. good to hear you got them on there.

nathan
 

·
Too busy to post
Joined
·
600 Posts
I'm gonna be taking pics with my camera too. I can't wait for these to get on, :D
I have the stock sway will this be a problem?

spring rates are 7 Front 5 Rear. That is what D2 Recomends, cuz I was gonna go 3.5front 5 rear, like some people run with GC. D2 said the assembely would leak with that front spring rate.
 

·
SE-R GREEK
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
NeedMore$4SE-R said:
spring rates are 7 Front 5 Rear. That is what D2 Recomends, cuz I was gonna go 3.5front 5 rear, like some people run with GC. D2 said the assembely would leak with that front spring rate.
WHAT??????
What do you mean "they would LEAK" with the 5/3.5?????
Did they say what would leak????
Who said that from D2?

Chris
 

·
Too busy to post
Joined
·
600 Posts
Yeah I got some pics too, Mabey 7-10. They are awsome though. I have them set really stiff right now so the springs set and stuff. They make some noise but that is expected for the first week or so. They look GREAT :D Handling and braking body movement is no comparison to stock, it barely moves. I am not pushing them to the limit yet, but I am having fun ;)

Now I gotta get a progress Rear sway. :rolleyes:

Jay thanks for your help. :)

If anyone wants to check them out in person, I'm going to NED tonight. Throwing on the 14s though so I don't know how it will look, going to put them on in bout 15 min. The 16s fit it perfect though.
 

·
Too busy to post
Joined
·
600 Posts
hpro123 said:
WHAT??????
What do you mean "they would LEAK" with the 5/3.5?????
Did they say what would leak????
Who said that from D2?

Chris
An extra pair of 3.5 springs came w/ my D2's and had a note inside that said the assembly would leak if I decided to swap the 3.5's with the supplied 7's. They would leak with the 3.5 FRONT setup. I don't know about 3.5's in the rear if they would leak. When I go back to RI I'll post the note word for word.

I'm glad though the 7's in the front are great...... Well my only other comparison in the SE-R is stock 130K suspension though, so I guess Hydros would be great too. :rolleyes:
-Ro
 

·
SE-R GREEK
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
OK, please do post the note. I am VERY interested. I cannot see any reason for tehm to leak so any additional comments by them would be great.

Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
Where did the brake line clip on? Drop looks good, how does it ride/handle?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
brake lines didnt clip on.not sure how it rides the owner will have to speak on that one looks real good though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
can't wait for mine....... they come tomorrow......it sucks thought cause i am autox'n this weekend
 
1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Top