SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drumroll............... WOO WOO!
Yes. THE DAY HAS COME. JAMES WOOLDRIDGE HAS FINALLY RECIEVED A SUSPENSION HE HAS BEEN DREAMING OF FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS!

Now, to the coilovers themselves. These things are bigger than I thought they would be. They are overall a little over 18 inches tall. the 396 lb springs that I ordered on them are a little over 9 inches tall. And the set of 500s for the rear ( experimental) are a little over 7 inches in length. The Fronts are pillowball mounts with camber adjustment. Rears are just regular top mount with no camber adjustment. These things look like they can be adjusted so many ways its already making my head spin. As I thought they appear to be Dampening adjustable, Ride heigth adjustable, and Strut travel adjustable. If I can get ahold of a digicam I will take many of pics. I will give a driving impression within 2 weeks. The car will be geting a Full ES master kit(courtesy of Jaime at Powertech), Progress Rear sway bar( courtesy of ToolaPCfan, good guy), and ES motor mounts ( from Greg Vogel). I would like to think everyone on this forum, because with out most of you I would have not gotten these parts for the prices I did, and come to the conclusions to make the right decisions on parts. THANKS!
P.S.- If any of you have Q's about them go ahead and ask, I will try and answer all I can.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Pics! Now!

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well wtf. I never read the post about the other guy getting them and not fitting right. I could go jump off a cliff right now. Do these work or what?

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
JimmyNX2000 said:
well wtf. I never read the post about the other guy getting them and not fitting right. I could go jump off a cliff right now. Do these work or what?
read to the end, they fit. he just needed to bore out one hole slightly. The one guy has them installed and running already.

nathan

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, ive been eying stuff a lot just recently. The only major thing i see is the stock strut hole in the fender will need to be dremmeled out for clearance of the camber plates. other than that they look good. I just dont want these to end up a powder keg! I have those 500 lb springs just sitting there. they are very tempting... but I know its certain suicide...

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
you get bumpstops with that?

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no. i dont think the B13 ones come with them. I think the S13 do. But, as i see it, its added comfort. These should be alright without them as we should have a decent ammount of strut travel. crossing my fingers.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
JimmyNX2000 said:
no. i dont think the B13 ones come with them. I think the S13 do. But, as i see it, its added comfort. These should be alright without them as we should have a decent ammount of strut travel. crossing my fingers.
I'd cut the stocker down to like 1/2 in and slice it through one side and slip it in there. You'll want at least a small amount.

·
fabricator
841 Posts
97SE-R C2 said:
I'd cut the stocker down to like 1/2 in and slice it through one side and slip it in there. You'll want at least a small amount.
Don't do that! Slicing it through one side will make it useless, as in a hard impact it will just deform and fall off. It is insane that they do not include bumpstops! That means that in a hard bump, the strut will bottom out, probably destroying the valves, or the spring will coilbind (effectively solid) and can bend the car, or the wheel will hit something. It is extremely stupid to run any suspension without a bumpstop.

andris

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This Jimmah **** is crazy. Everyone in FL calls me Jimmah, even guys I dont know.. ^^
LOL.

·
fabricator
841 Posts
JimmyNX2000 said:
did you ever think that the bumpstop might be internal?
It is quite possible that the bumpstop could be like stock and be part of the inside of the dustboots, but it is not likely that it is actually inside the strut (but not impossible I guess). It would have to reside directly above the foot valve (in the inner tube), which would block all the oil from flowing through it. ;)

andris

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
the bumpstops aren't in the boot - I squeezed the boot to make sure they weren't hidden in there. At the brake line bracket question is resolved

1 - 20 of 50 Posts