SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i've changed the O2 sensor and cleaned out the egr tube and bpt flying saucer things. Also i've cleaned out the throttle body and reset the ecu. what the hell is left!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohh sorry I just read the subject.
You need to find out what code it is giving you and then someone with an FSM will tell what is wrong.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have an FSM so just do the diagnostic by turning the ignition key but not the engine on, then take the ecu and turn the screw clockwise all the way count to five and then turn the ecu screw counter clockwise all the way and your engine light starts to flash so count the long flashes which are tens like two long ones are 20 then the short flashes are singular .so if it shows 4 long and 3 short, thats code 43 tpsensor. how's the car running ? any problems?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after spanking some Si's and civic h/b's with B16 transplants, the car had a bad idle. After putting some redline fuel inject. cleaner and all the cleaning and changing of the O2, the car rev's fast with more pull....but the light is still on. I'll try what you told me and tell you what's up, thanks!
The car has 177k miles, but it pulls hard. I really don't know the history on the car, but the compression was all around the same, (I don't remember how much)& I just got the car painted. I have only a JWT pop charger, which will be replaced with a P/R CAI.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
I have an FSM so just do the diagnostic by turning the ignition key but not the engine on, then take the ecu and turn the screw clockwise all the way count to five and then turn the ecu screw counter clockwise all the way and your engine light starts to flash so count the long flashes which are tens like two long ones are 20 then the short flashes are singular .so if it shows 4 long and 3 short, thats code 43 tpsensor. how's the car running ? any problems?</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also the car is @1000-1200 rpm's. I tried the disconnecting the tps sensor and it would go to 1500rpm's. I'm getting hand-me-down part's from my brother-in-law's 93 sentra se-r.He's been a great help, since we both have the same car. His car is in project mode since he wants an all motor racer.

·
Registered
858 Posts
while your tps is disconnected, turn your idle screw located to the left of your oil filter next to the #1 fuel injector on top of the ficd or aac valve clockwise to decrease idle and counter clockwise to increase. should be 800 rpm then do your timing to 18 deg and go look for some honduhs!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I heard the same thing cause it burns the injectors out or something like that.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I cleaned the tb with a tooth brush and tb cleaner then paid 80 bucks and had them cleaned proffesionally with some mechanic and it made a big difference. car ran so smooth.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
yes bad to use injector cleaner....it doesnt need it. nissan uses plate type injectors not pintle type that everyone else uses. the cleaner does more to hurt than anything else. just use good gas and rev it up every now and then should keep them nice and clean.

as for the light. dont go throwing wrenches and money at the car yet...dont do a jizz. pull the code off the ecu and see what it is. what ever it is could be affecting your idle like it is. and if it was the O2 sensor it just wont go offf when you replace the sensor. you have to pull the code(reset) the computer. the light doesnt just dissapear
. pull the code tell us what it is. after you pull the code the light will go off. but if the part isnt fixed it will come back on. like if it was the o2 sensor it will stay off since you replaced it and its now working. but if it comes back on after you start and run the car for a bit there is something else wrong the ecu should give you the code for it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be careful spraying out your TB!!! I learned the hard way about that s**T!!!I sprayed TB cleaner all over the TB and proceeded to scrub it down real well....I then fired up the car and let it run. Guess what? I now managed to clog up my catalytic converter and possibly some of my emissions controls in the process.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got codes 32 &33. redman told me it's the egr, thanks. I guess I'll go pick that up today since the light turned off after the code pick-up, then came back on!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you take th TB off the car? Did you let it dry? Did you spray it into the manifold? That sounds pretty strange... Actually my engine light was always on since I bought the car. And also when I cleaned the EGR It has some kind off foam thing around it. I don't know if it contributes to the working process of the EGR, but when I clean it.. I kinda rubbed some of that off. Well my engine light is off for now and I'm trying to delay th EGR purchase.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris:
Be careful spraying out your TB!!! I learned the hard way about that s**T!!!I sprayed TB cleaner all over the TB and proceeded to scrub it down real well....I then fired up the car and let it run. Guess what? I now managed to clog up my catalytic converter and possibly some of my emissions controls in the process.</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts