SR20 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM SO FREAKING MAD! OK, MY CURRENT ENGINE HAS ROD KNOCK SO I NEED A NEW ENGINE, BUT ITS BEEN ALMOST A FREAKING YEAR TRYING TO FIND ONE, A US SPEC THAT IS. THERES THIS PLACE CALLED "IMPORT AUTO SALVAGE" LOCATED NOT TOO FAR AWAY FROM ME, SO I OPTED TO GET AN ENGINE FROM THEM SINCE I HOPED IT WOULD SAVE ME ON SHIPPING CHARGES SINCE I CAN JUST GO PICK IT UP. SO I WENT OVER THERE, ASKED IF THEY COULD FIND ME A US SPEC MOTOR, AND THEY SAID THEY COULD. SINCE I KINDA KNEW THE PEOPLE, I GAVE THEM A $500 DOWN PAYMENT. THEY FOUND ME ONE, BUT IT WAS A POS, AND I DIDNT GO AND SEE IT, MY COUSIN DID. THEN THEY FOUND ME A SECOND ONE. THIS ONE I WENT TO SEE AND IT LOOKED VERY SIMILAR TO A US SPEC SR20DE. AND I ASKED THE GUY STRAIGHT UP IN HIS FACE...IS THIS A US SPEC MOTOR?..THE GUY SAID YES. I THEN I ASKED ABOUT THE MILEAGE....HE SAID IT HAD 72,000 MILES ON IT. EWW..I THOUGHT..BUT OK SINCE IT WAS A HARD TO FIND HIGH PORT US SPEC SR20DE...SO I TOO IT HOME..TOOK OFF THE HEAT SHIELD AND GUESS WHAT I SAW!...A PRIMERA HEADER!...UMM..THIS AINT NO US SPEC...I WOULDNT HAVE MINDED EXCEPT THAT WHEN I REMOVED THE SPARK PLUGS, THEY WERE DRENCHED..OK NOT REALLY, BUT WET WITH OIL. TOOK OFF THE VALVE COVER AND THE ONLY THING THAT WAS IN BETTER CONDITION THAN MY ENGINE WITH THE ROD KNOCK WERE THE CAMS...THICK OIL DEPOSITS WERE EVERYWHERE...I PAID $1100 DOLLARS FOR THIS JAPANSES SPEC POS!...DAMN...I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER ONE FROM K.WANTANABE FOR LIKE 300 BUCKS..TOTAL OF $500 SHIPPED TO MY DOOR!..WITH LESS MILAGE TOO!...GEEZE!..IM SO STRESSED SINCE IM STILL A FULL TIME STUDENT...WHAT SHOULD I DO??...TAKE IT BACK??..INSTALL IT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST??..SELL EVERYTHING INCLUDING MY SE-R??..I DONT KNOW..ANY ADVICE?...
THANKS...AND SORRY ITS SO LONG.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts