SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats sup people..as i the subject says im a newbie..im not a driver yet..but 3 more LONG months..and i am going to get my car..1996 200 se-r..96- lighter.. im so interested in cars..i love them just got hooked on them..ive seen plenty of turboed ones..and i just loved them so thats what i am going for...so far all i need is the engine wise..i got the body works al ready. lowering springs and ****...what kind or turbo is there ? and how much so i know how much to save up..if you guys can please help me out..and please dont flame..lol but yea..if you guys cna help me out wit ya wisdom on this ****.cuz i only know so lilttle from what i have heard, read and talked about..so help a brudda out..Peace

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
You'll find that folks around here will be more than happy to help you out. Just make sure you do some research on your own, before firing away with numerous questions. Hit the archives at http://www.se-r.net to search the archives for many, MANY of the questions you may have.

I, myself, am switching from nitrous over to turbo, and the archives have been a HUGE help. They work, and work well. TONS of information.

This is a fine community of like-minded gearheads. You'll like it here.

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
From my knowledge there is the F-max kit which uses a T3/T4 turbo and i've seen them for $4000. Or u could get a blubird SR20DET (205h.p.) or the Pulsar GTi-R SR20DET (230h.p.)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T3/T4

yea i have read bout that..it sounds like a good Block..but that Gtr or whatever sounds way better..all i want is to hopefully run 12s..lol i know its crazy dreamn..but youll hear bout me in a couple of years.. :D all i see is damn hondas..which i dont hate ..there are dope cuzz there are some many swaps ava but yea..hopefully being running iwt a turbo and NOS..75-100....and yes i know thats crazy...but i gotta try it..so yea thanks you guys..
Peace
Leon

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
with the GTi-R motor 12's isnt that hard. There was a guy at a Moroso event with a 92 SE-R and GTi-R swap running one bar of boost and ran 12.5 on drag radials. All he had was the GTi-R motor, MSD, BOV, boost controller, and put the stock top mount on the front. It was damn fast

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
SE-R / GTi-R said:
with the GTi-R motor 12's isnt that hard. There was a guy at a Moroso event with a 92 SE-R and GTi-R swap running one bar of boost and ran 12.5 on drag radials. All he had was the GTi-R motor, MSD, BOV, boost controller, and put the stock top mount on the front. It was damn fast
Yeaa..... that's my uncle Kevin's Se-r. He is running 15psi of boost. What part of FL are you from SE-R/GTi-R?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sr20detInDreams said:
Hey whats sup people..as i the subject says im a newbie..im not a driver yet..but 3 more LONG months..and i am going to get my car..1996 200 se-r..96- lighter.. im so interested in cars..i love them just got hooked on them
Hey, looks like I'm a newbie too. Damnit, just when I thought I was gaining some knowledge :D

I'm sure many of us were like you at that age (I was) so good luck and read all the info you can!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for all the info...but today made my damn day..i saw a 96 se-r like Brads...it had a Front piece im not sure what company..and Dope ass intercooler wit some letters on it the rims where so freakin dope.. Racing Hart C5s i talked to him and it turns out he was Bosnian..which there are alot at my school (Thunderbird) for the local peeps.and there all running with nos..is so crazy..Firebird wit 150-200 shot soo crazy..i started talking to the guy and he has the Bluebird turbo..in it..and 100 shot..he said he was running low 11s..i dunno bout that..but it was soo sweet ...i guess he can hook me up with some ****.hopefully. but yea.thanks for all the info..i guess i have to start saving that money..for the AZ peeps..do any of you guys go to the Illegals?
peace

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
hey SR20 B13 im in Sarasota. Does ur uncle have a maroon SE-R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts