SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I replaced those 2 oil tubes ( wierd metal tubes that go over each cam) the old ones were toast, so props to the nissan techs on calling that one, but my car is still is performing like a nx1600!!! I guess I'll get the injectors tested next. and if that doesnt help then i'll probably just fix it by putting a for sale sign in it.

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya by the way, I have no oil leaking and i did a full oil change, but when my car does it's wierd low idling when the clutch is in as soon as the tach needle drops below 500 rpm the oil light comes on and then turns off when the revs settle at 750-800 or when driving. does that make sense? what the hell is that?

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
check your oil pressure. maybe your pumps going bad. mine did and fried my engine back in 94.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but my car is still is performing like a nx1600!!! </font>
How is the condition of your flex pipe? Somebody recently with a G20 was complaining about how slow their car was, and the stock flex pipe was collapsing on the inside making it very restrictive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts