SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had just got done washing my car and I took it out for the usual "fast driving dry".
As I pull out to the main street this 240sx comes up beside me. we both catch the next light. Im thinking "hell yes!". The light turns green we both floor it and Im keeping up thru 1st-vroooom! We're still side by side in 2nd!!_vrrooooommmm , then forget it-race is over, I hit the damn rev limiter and lose my good position. I was on his ass all the way to the next light though. So I'm thinking these things dont really have that much "get up and go". I need a damn shift light! Im so used to hearing my Honda scream like bloody murder when its time to shift.
grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Any comments on 240SX's?
They're on my kill list next time I see one.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
What mods do you have? What mods did he have? You should be able to walk all over a stock 240 IMO.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
513 Posts
I used to own a 91 240sx, those were some of the faster ones of the s series IMHO. I can confidently say that my 93 classic is faster than my 240 was. Exactly what are you running. And what do you think the 240 had? The KA24DE has a lot of torque. It was the truck motor. But on high revs, you should have stomped on the guy.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I have done is just a home made intake.
4" to 3" rubber adapter from the MAF to cone filter. I believe he was stock except for his exhaust. But I know I could've got him if I hadnt hit that rev limiter and stalled for that 1 second. grrrr!!!!!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I love the newest 240's, the 98's I think?

Looks like a mild Skyline.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts