SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Z28=mullett
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the drivers seat in my classic that I've only had for like a month just started squeaking last week. Its really annoying, and it sounds like its coming from the upper seatback springs. Whenever I move in the seat at all(like going over small bumps, ie all the time)it squeaks really loudly. anybody ever have this problem? know what I can do about it? This kinda gives me an excuse to get a recaro or something, but I am saving for turbo. TIA

·
-
3,560 Posts
My drivers seat has started to creak and move around (incline-wise) as if the incline notch isnt holding well.

Of course, my diagnosis is vague cuz I cant seem to fathom the seat mechanics (not the rail but the seat itself).

·
Registered
93 Posts
My problem is with the back seat. Every time I hit ANY little crack on the road, all I hear is sqeak sqeak sqeak. I tried solving this before by placing this foam-type sticky things around the metal brackest that holds the seat in place, and it worked for a while, but I think it's time to replace it. This time, I'm going to put a whole bunch around it.

·
8,148 Posts
I thought it was just me. NX2000's do this too. It makes you think it is your sway bar bushings if you don't move around in the seat (to verify it) when you are driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts