SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my SE-R...something i've noticed since day one and it has been buggin me ever since....

the dash lights for the tach, speedometer, etc...they aren't the same shade of white that every other nissan is. my friend's 96 sentra, NismoNX2000's NX, and my 91 240 all have very very white dash lights, with a flourescent like quality to them.

on my SE-R, however, its more of a yellowish glow, like someone used some cheap @$$ bulbs. so, my question is...is it hard to change the dash bulbs? and hopefully the bulbs themselves are cheap..

thanks in advance

-Chris

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I did this when my bulbs burnt out. There's even instructions on se-r.net. But, I didn't have to remove my steering wheel like some of the instructions say. But, YMMV.

Once you get the bulbs out, go to the nearest general auto parts store, just get the same bulbs that you pulled out.
Easy.

Good luck!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
0 Posts
Its not that hard at all. Just take your time and keep track of all the wires and handle the speedometer with care.
Go for it!!
Its a nice project!

------------------
-BUDGET RACER
-

-

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
If you're going to replace bulbs, you'd be best served by replacing all 12 of them. Mind you, all those bulbs from Courtesy came to $80 or so, but the improvement is amazing.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
My suggestion would be to pillage some from a junk yard. Any 91-94 Sentra will do. If you are lucky, you'll find one with the dash already apart. That's what I did and it only cost me $2.00

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
The person may not have used the colored "condoms" that make the lights sort of blueish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts