SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if, when a daughterboard is removed the ECU returns to it's stock settings? This is the one I bought, can anyone help? Oh yeah, Hi I'm Josh

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
No - there's a jumper which instructs the ecu to read from the daughterboard. If you remove it, the ecu won't read the on-board ROM. What is it that you're trying to do? That's a Calum Basic you have there. The eProm's can be loaded with a new program using a burner. If you want to return to stock, I'd suggest selling it here on the forum and buying a stock ecu.

C

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically I bought the car not running, replaced the wiring harness, now the ECU. But that was the one I got, the guy didn't realize it had the daughterboard until I was buying it. My SR20det is stock and don't know what the chip is programmed for. Therefore, I was hoping that it could be removed.

Josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it OBD I or OBD II? I've got a couple of stock ECU's that I may be able to reflash to match your motor, and I wouldn't mind trading straight across for the one that you've got. Let me know if it sounds interesting, and I'll see what I can get figured.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Blue connector = OBDI.

C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts