SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what was the easiest and safest method to remove the "200SX" and "SE-R" badges on my B14 without causing any damage to my paint.

Thanks,
Gino

·
Registered
277 Posts
I removed mine with a hiardryer and some dental floss. Just heat up the badges to soften the glue behind them, then use the floss to gently remove them. You will have some glue residue left over, just scrub it off with some car wash.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
After you remone them, can I have them? :)

-Josh

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
I used a heating gun and it started melting my center piece light thingy, so just use a hair dryer and some fishing line. Dental floss doesnt last for **** when i did it. Use some wd40 to take the sticky stuff off.

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
How about a more primitive way......MY FINGER NAIL! lol The Dental Floss Always seems to break in half but the fishing line seems to be a great idea.

Then some Goo Gone to take off the sticky stuff.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Does this work for the nissan emblem as well? I haven't looked at it before and have often thought about debadging the car.... seeing how it says 200sx SE on the back anyways since i bought it. For some reason my SE-R came without the -R from the dealership. :rolleyes:

David

·
Registered
102 Posts
when i debadged my old sunny i used a crappy store card i never use like a credit card i didnt use a hairdryer then took the left over glue off with sum meths and my thumbnail

·
Registered
470 Posts
It works for the emblem, but you'll have two lil' holes left over from the tabs off of the Nissan emblem.

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
Its very hard to get the se-r and 200sx part w/out it breaking off.
whatever you do w/ the emblems, dont throw it away....you will be cursed by the nissan gods for life!:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I'll get on it this week. And as far as some of you wanting the emblems, I'll be more than happy to hook you guys up, but the question is... Who should get them? Hmmmmmm... ;)

Gino

1 - 13 of 13 Posts