SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always thought that when doing a DET swap that the flywheel from the DE must be used on the DET. While looking at the jun site, they list one for the fwdDE and one for the DET. What's the difference?

91 SE-R
soon to be blown

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The de flywheel has to be used...since ur using the de tranny, its just u have to tap the holes bigger so the bolts can fit through...i believe it a 7/16" and ur set.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always thought that when doing a DET swap that the flywheel from the DE must be used on the DET.

***That is correct. You will need to use a DE flywheel and have the flywheel bolts holes enlarged to accept the larger diameter DET flywheel bolts.

While looking at the jun site, they list one for the fwdDE and one for the DET. What's the difference?

***That's it. There is one for the DE and one for the DET. The one for the DE is lighter and has smaller bolt holes. The one for the DET is heavier, larger, and has larger bolt holes.

If you are planning to install a DET into your USDM B13 or B14, then you should get the FWD flywheel and bore out the flywheel bolt holes.

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
Registered
194 Posts
I thought you only had to do that if you got the GTi-R DET. I was under the impression that the BB DET's were the same. Hope someone could clear up my confusion. TIA.

Mel

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
I didnt have to tap the bolts for the flywheel they just went right in.... I used the DE flywheel on my DET

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by v8killer:

***That is correct. You will need to use a DE flywheel and have the flywheel bolts holes enlarged to accept the larger diameter DET flywheel bolts.
</font>
What size bolts will I need? My DET came w/o a flywheel or bolts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used my DE bolts on my DET too, they seemed to be a perfect fit. It must just be the GTiR that is different.

Matt

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Yes the GTi-R flywheel bolts are bigger than the bluebird. We use a rotary drill to enlarge the hole on the de flywheel, which is lighter than the GTi-R flywheel, to house the GTi-r bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts