SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Go Fast, Look Stock.
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 SE-R had a Nissan battery in it that was installed in Nov. of 2002. This weekend it went dead......totally dead. Couldn't even jump it. For no reason either, didn't leave the lights on. Anyway, can I get a refund or something from Nissan? I'm not the one who bought the battery, but I have the receipt. I replaced it with an interstate.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
///Matthew said:
My 93 SE-R had a Nissan battery in it that was installed in Nov. of 2002. This weekend it went dead......totally dead. Couldn't even jump it. For no reason either, didn't leave the lights on. Anyway, can I get a refund or something from Nissan? I'm not the one who bought the battery, but I have the receipt. I replaced it with an interstate.
The only thing they will do it pro-rate a new one. I bought a new Nissan battery, and 18 months later, it was dead. My wife was driving the car and she said it was fine, and then it just died. I was out of town, and luckily she was able to get home, and drive her car.

·
Go Fast, Look Stock.
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you'd have to have Nissan replace the battery to get anything out of them??

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would think that you would have to go to nissan. Also, check your warranty. it depends...I dont know how nissan works, but most auto part places have this policy:

They will replace free of charge for X number of months (12,24,36 whatever it happens to be). Beyond that there is a "limited warranty" ususally something like 60-72 months. So, if you had the battery for 2 years and it had a 5 year limited warranty, and it completely died, they would refund you 60% of the purchase price. Check your receipts or even the battery itself to see what you warranty is. Seeing how the battery is less than 2 years old, there may be a full replacement, as most decent quality batteries have at least a 2 year full warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts