SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night in the wee hours of the morning, i was cruising at about 50mph on yellow mtn rd. I came across a curve, which i usually comfortably take at about 60. I approach - DEER! I swerved, over corrected, and flipped off a 20ft bank into a field below a trailer park. I rolled my 1996 200SX SE-R about 5 times. The front passenger side brake rotor is cracked, half of it sits on my desk in front of me, amidst a puddle of tears. Not to mention the spoiler was ripped off, back glass busted out completely, front glass shattered, both mirrors ripped off, passenger side front rim is bent, battery flipped upside down in bay, headlights busted, my KEY snapped in half, foglights hang loose, HS CAI torn apart, STB bent, sunroof glass broken, all panels across the car are crinkled. I'm having trouble breathing because this is so traumatic for me. I loved my car so much. I really ****ing did. I really did. It was my baby. I cry every time I think of it being in the demolished state that it's in. It's totalled! I will never sit in the drivers seat of my car again. I'll never shift thru the gears or press the clutch pedal again. There is no way that insurance will fix it. It is so far from being salvageable that the LIGHT shining from salvageable will not reach my car for at least 40 more years. God why me.

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Holy **** man. Glad that you're ok.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
0 Posts
Damn, sory about what happened. Thank god you lived to tell about it, though.
Time to put that deposit on the new SE-R.
What are you waiting for? MOVE IT!! =-)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I really sorry to hear that

:

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

[This message has been edited by Storm88000 (edited 07-04-2001).]

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Damn man that really sucks, but at least you're ok. Hell look at this as an opportunity to build a better car. There's plenty of cars out there. Now you can start over. I know it sucks, I came real close to losing my car. But as soon as I realized hey I get a chance to build another one, one without going through some of the trials and tribulations that I've gone through with this one. A car that I can build now with the knowledge that I posess. It's not always a bad thing. On a side note. Next time KILL the F-ing Deer.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Ohh man...sorry to hear of your bad luck. Just be glad nothing happen to you. Hopefully you will get your moneys worth from insurance and you can get another SER soon. Good Luck!

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I think you should put a deposit on a silver 2002 Spec V SE-R. That should help you forget the loss of your old SE-R

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Glad to hear you are still here and kicking.

Why don't you think your insurance won't give you anything?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
450 Posts
I got the willies just reading your story.

That really sucks ass... Are you bruised much from the rolls?

Good reason for everyone to drive with their 12Ga with 000 Buckshot!

(I'm kidding, Do Not drive Around With Loaded Firearms in Your Car!!!)

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Horus:

(I'm kidding, Do Not drive Around With Loaded Firearms in Your Car!!!)

</font>
Your right hang it out the window with your left arm and flail it about as your drive.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
darn, i was hoping to get the used CAI from you

are you looking for another SE-R? if so, good luck.
</font>
what, you want the old CAI? I got it..

------------------

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I say you find Bambi, and sue her ass for punative damages..
I'd be seriously thinking about the new se-r if I were you.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it wasn't just one deer it was a few of them...they scrambled up onto the road as i was approaching...i overcorrected...*poof* my 200SX SE-R is taken from me in a matter of seconds.

------------------

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Silver,

You're pretty close to me (I'm in Durham, NC). There are 3 SR20 powered cars for sale here that I know of. 1 NX2000, and 2 classic SE-Rs. The NX2000 and one SE-R have a lot of go fast parts already. The other classic is bone stock. Let me know if you want more info. E-mail me privately.

Matt

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Well, first I am glad your ok. Cars can be replaced, but your life cannot.

I hate to ask you this, but if you decide to part out the car I would be interested in getting your tranny. I broke mine this weekend and I am looking for one.

e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts